+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Laszlo

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Playing a team that isn't his. Where did this all end though? I'm as frustrated as anyone about what's going on BTW.
    Last night between 60 and 85 min, we needed 3 from Gillespie, Slater, McMullan and Durnan to come on for Flood, McDonald, Murdoch or maybe King. But we get Dingies coming on for someone who still had a bit of running in him. That is the moment i finally realized that Shabba is not the man for this job. However, i cannot think of another manager who i think can help us now!

Playing a team that isn't his. Where did this all end though? I'm as frustrated as anyone about what's going on BTW.
    It is his team though. Doesn't matter if he didn't sign them, he's had them 7 days a week for over 6 months. If he can't coach a team out of our squad to beat that Livingston side then he has to make way for someone who can.

Here's a scenario for ya... what if Laslo is a very good manager, and he is getting the best out of these players.

Not only does laslo have a very decent CV, there is a possibility that Laslo has been unable to bring in his own choices. We have discussed this already on here. With taylor going, is it maybe that this is the case and the end of it going into next season.

Has the current chairman realised the situation with Laslo that its his hands that are tied, Phising with the c0ck he has got? Next season a LOT of players and wages will be available due to crap just moving on.

Maybe, just maybe Ray was a very good coach, one of the best to come through the ranks at SFA for a long time and although his recruitment was pish its the players inability?

Never have I seen such a capitulation as when Lyng was brought on for King. Up until then we had controlled the game, Livi were lucky to have 11 players on the field, we should have been 3 or 4-1 up.
    Talk about uninspired substitution, he came on and we concede within a minute, concede again and Flood makes a complete tit of himself, shouts at the bench apparently about not using the subs correctly.
    When we needed to at least close the game out, be strong and organised that was Csaba's call. He may as well have given two fingers up to the support and players and shouted the Hungarian equivalent of "karma". It was humiliating and he must go once the worst season of following United by a country mile is over.

He cost us last night, we were much the better side for the first hour and could easily have had a deserved bigger lead, however it was also clear we were tiring, everyone was calling for 2-3 subs at that stage, instead he does nothing until 76th minute and what he does was the thing you least want him to do, bring on Lyng, never mind bring him on out wide, yes poor from Robson at the second and Murdoch at the 3rd but players must have been thinking wtf after an hour,

Gillespie, Durnan, McMullan, Slater were all on the bench and 3 could have been used after an hour, this would have seen the absolute worse case scenario being a draw

Dunfermline were much better on Friday night than Livingston were last night (they are very beatable on Friday but we have a terrible manager), it was a game we should have won and what happened was avoidable, it's on Laszlo, 100% awful game management, hence why he is not that man to bring stability this club needs

CL made the wrong subbie but i dont exactly know what else he is meant to do about last night?

we were 2-1 looking fairly comfortable. limiting there chances to very little. livi changed there shape in the 2nd half so game became scrappy but still reasonable. i think the timing of the subby was okay just not the players coming on/off. we know lyng is rubbish but CL clearly must have had his reason to bring him on. (im thinking probably for height) so yeah he could have done better with the subbies.

but.......

CL can't be blamed for lewis's inability to save any 1v1's
    CL cant be blamed for guys who make individual errors on the night? by robson or murdoch
    robson was doing alright until he decided he couldnt defend any more.
    Murdoch has been fairly solid at CB since going there yet makes a big f*** up and CL gets the blame?
    and what about moshni for the 3rd goal btw? show the boy down the line for fs. he should get some criticism aswell.
    what about flood? yeah CL could have took him off after he got booked but then he completely lost the plot when its OUR free kick and on a booking. what is CL meant to do with that??

i dont exactly like CL and dont really want him to be here next year regardless but some of the players from last night need to have a look at themselves. they lost the game by individual errors and stupid decision making. CL is without faults last night dont get me wrong but he cant do anything about guys making them errors.

anyways imo the games still there to win. we need a solid performance and cut out the stupid errors while making sure we take the chances we get. itll be tough but i still think we can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    CL made the wrong subbie but i dont exactly know what else he is meant to do about last night?

we were 2-1 looking fairly comfortable. limiting there chances to very little. livi changed there shape in the 2nd half so game became scrappy but still reasonable. i think the timing of the subby was okay just not the players coming on/off. we know lyng is rubbish but CL clearly must have had his reason to bring him on. (im thinking probably for height) so yeah he could have done better with the subbies.

but.......

CL can't be blamed for lewis's inability to save any 1v1's
    CL cant be blamed for guys who make individual errors on the night? by robson or murdoch
    robson was doing alright until he decided he couldnt defend any more.
    Murdoch has been fairly solid at CB since going there yet makes a big f*** up and CL gets the blame?
    and what about moshni for the 3rd goal btw? show the boy down the line for fs. he should get some criticism aswell.
    what about flood? yeah CL could have took him off after he got booked but then he completely lost the plot when its OUR free kick and on a booking. what is CL meant to do with that??

i dont exactly like CL and dont really want him to be here next year regardless but some of the players from last night need to have a look at themselves. they lost the game by individual errors and stupid decision making. CL is without faults last night dont get me wrong but he cant do anything about guys making them errors.

anyways imo the games still there to win. we need a solid performance and cut out the stupid errors while making sure we take the chances we get. itll be tough but i still think we can do it.
    No Dundee United keeper should ever have to be one on one with a player who calls the Tony Macarnoni stadium his home,FACT.

Laslo's game management of players is rotten, I've lost count of the amount of times MacDonald has been knackered after 70 mins and playing rotten, struggling to hold the ball up, but has been kept on for 90 mins (he didn't look sharp yesterday either, heavy touch for their opener and Floods first booking).

Thought given how predictable Livi are Laslo might have started with two imposing centre halves and put Murdoch out to left back as Robson has been struggling, and of course he should have used his subs when we were tiring, esp McMullans pace.

But I agree with Darrenshedtastic that the capitulation was primarily down to our abject sh1tness.

The frightening thing about Murdoch is McKinnon essentially signed him twice, one year deal then given him another deal. Even more worrying is we have the likes of Quinn and scobbie on the sidelines. And if this Watford left back cant get a game ahead of scobbie and Robson at left back he at present then he must be truly abysmal. And you can add to that Lewis' developing a Kelham O'Hanlon like inability not to save shots.

A trained monkey should be able to juggle banana's in the dugout whilst watching Dundee United destroy Livingston,McDonald and Flood's wages combined must have the whole joke of a club's squad drooling.

Unfortunately or fortunately I watched the game on TV. Like most others I am mega disappointed (or confused) that Csaba, did not manage the game better, i.e. better and quicker use of substitutions he had at his disposal. We were on top once we cottoned on to their tactics, which included a few heavy challenges. But you have to create chances and more importantly take them. I don't recall Alexander having to make many saves throughout the game, whereas Lewis, seemed to be under more consistent pressure, just by them putting the ball into the box. As someone says we need to stop fa**ying around trying to pass the ball into the net. Tough one to call for Friday, but we are capable and we will get bullied and fouled whatever the outcome. But individual errors aside, Csaba you need to use your bench with at least 30 mins remaining and not 14 mins putting on a sub, that brings nothing to the party. Do not sit back at any point and attack from the off and keep attacking until the end. It will keep the ball away from our defence, who except in a couple cases are not up to it. DO NOT HAVE SCOBBIE ON THE BENCH OR ANYWAY NEAR THE TEAM!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)