+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Laszlo

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    He deserves the chance to stay because he was hired to do a long term job. He was not brought in to be a firefighter. He was brought in to build something that will stand the test of time.

Yes there have been disappointing results and performances. But we have also surpassed last season's points and are still in with a chance, however slim, of going up.

The players have been a big part of the disappointments with their willingness to just give up in games. I blame them a lot more than the manager.

Once they go out on the pitch it's in their hands. They have failed themselves, the manager, the club and the fans.

Csaba is here for a long term project. That is what I'll be judging him on.
    The people supporting Lazlo are not making much sense. Their recurring argument is stability and nobody would argue that a long period with a good manager is better than changing managers all the time. If I could see any evidence that Lazlo is a credible option then I too would support him. His record elsewhere is decent.

HOWEVER, when he arrived at the club we arguable had the best pool of players in the Championship. We were top of the league. He completely threw away our league position and has made a series of absolutely baffling decisions that belies any real managerial competence. Numerous times I have arrived at games and scratched my head and predicted exactly what would happen and been proved right as his formation and line up has dissolved. I believe that he still has no idea as to his best team and best formation.

If, as is likely we do not get up at this time of asking then it will be the biggest gamble in the history of our club to give him funds and another year to get out of the championship. There must be a termination clause if he fails to get us up as that was his objective when hired. If we do not get the result on Friday which I predict 100% we wont then we need to immediately terminate this appointment and find the right replacement. For me that is Stuart McCall if he wants it.

We cannot afford any other managerial gambles!

As a btw I think if McKinnon has been retained he would NOT have done as badly as Lazlo has.

He deserves the chance to stay because he was hired to do a long term job. He was not brought in to be a firefighter. He was brought in to build something that will stand the test of time.

Yes there have been disappointing results and performances. But we have also surpassed last season's points and are still in with a chance, however slim, of going up.

The players have been a big part of the disappointments with their willingness to just give up in games. I blame them a lot more than the manager.

Once they go out on the pitch it's in their hands. They have failed themselves, the manager, the club and the fans.

Csaba is here for a long term project. That is what I'll be judging him on.
    Thanks Frank - I can't see any reference to this long-term project when looking back over the press releases from when CL was appointed. All the talk is of winning the league and promotion. Also, you've not answered my question. Given the results, performances, style of play, player recruitment, what has he done to deserve to keep his job next season? In my opinion, all he's done is prove that his appointment was yet another dire mistake by ST.

At the press conference his job description was described. It was achieve promotion. Anything else was secondary. If we achieve promotion then the board should honour the conditions of appointment and keep him to see if he can rebuild the team. However, if he has not fulfilled his part of the agreement the appointment needs to be terminated and I believe it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Log View Post
    Thanks Frank - I can't see any reference to this long-term project when looking back over the press releases from when CL was appointed. All the talk is of winning the league and promotion. Also, you've not answered my question. Given the results, performances, style of play, player recruitment, what has he done to deserve to keep his job next season? In my opinion, all he's done is prove that his appointment was yet another dire mistake by ST.
    I felt I did answer it.

Results and performances - I blame the players more than Laszlo

Style of play - he wants to play like we did in his 1st league game but can't because the players aren't mentally capable

Player recruitment - It's not clear who has been identifying and signing players

We will just have to agree to disagree.

The powers that be told me he was aappointed to be long term regardless of this season.
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 10-05-2018 at 01:22 PM.

The powers that be told me he was aappointed to be long term regardless of this season.
    Do we now have respect for 'powers that be'? Unfortunately good governance has been missing for many years

I felt I did answer it.

Results and performances - I blame the players more than Laszlo

Style of play - he wants to play like we did in his 1st league game but can't because the players aren't mentally capable

Player recruitment - It's not clear who has been identifying and signing players

We will just have to agree to disagree.

Agreed, the players must shoulder some of the blame but CL shouldn't escape his share.

You mention his first game in charge. Why were the players capable then but aren't now?

MM has said to judge him on his actions. The same should be applied to the manager. In 6 months in charge, all he's doing a good job of is proving that he's incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Log View Post
    Agreed, the players must shoulder some of the blame but CL shouldn't escape his share.

You mention his first game in charge. Why were the players capable then but aren't now?

MM has said to judge him on his actions. The same should be applied to the manager. In 6 months in charge, all he's doing a good job of is proving that he's incompetent.
    It's comes down to how much you apportion blame around.

The first game the players put in a performance to impress the new manager as commonly happens then they downed tools. They mentally gave up in too many games.

It's important to remember that we won enough games to surpass last season's points total and get to the play offs.

Ultimately we will just have to agree to disagree on the manager.

I look forward to tomorrow night and hopefully more play next week. However if we miss out on promotion I will look forward to next season.

If we don't get promoted I'd be very surprised if CL is still here.

My feeling is that (regardless of players available) he's had ample time to implement a system that would've seen us finish 2nd comfortably, if not challenge St. Mirren. He's not done this so in my opinion he's not the man to implement a long term strategy at DUFC

Fair dos

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)