+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signings

Signings

Only two more current players "Crewe Alexandra pair Oliver Finney & Will Jaaskelainen have signed new contracts to keep them at the Club next season.

Goalkeeper Jaaskelainen has penned terms on a three-year-contract, with Finney agreeing an extended one-year stay."

3 years! They must really rate him as a keeper for the future. The retained list is practically writing itself but some of the young pros who haven't played will be wondering about their futures, and sooner or later we'll have news on the remaining seniors out of contract I suppose ....

Now followed by 5 graduating Academy scholars. If we really bring in 3 or 4 new faces it'll be a sizeable squad next year.

Indeed, which makes you wonder if one or two of the senior squad on longer deals will be made available for transfer if anyone wants them... Raynes, Porter or Walker? No point keeping them if they are 3rd or 4th in line.

Plus the youngsters in the current under 23s who haven’t made it will be released, as Green and a Miller have been by their parent clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Indeed, which makes you wonder if one or two of the senior squad on longer deals will be made available for transfer if anyone wants them... Raynes, Porter or Walker? No point keeping them if they are 3rd or 4th in line.
    The thing is, 3rd or 4th in line, with injuries and suspensions can easily become 1st or 2nd.

I could understand it if Raynes was made available and I still think there is a role for Walker and Porter they may be 3rd or 4th in DA's head but once the cold weather comes and the injuries start stacking up then your in the starting line-up. Last season Nolan was here as a utility player, it was touch and go if he was going to get many games, but due to injuries he played more games than anyone else and got himself another contract and it was well deserved, made the centre half position his own. With NG being lined up for Centre half and Wintle showing he is not out of place in that position then I struggle to see where Raynes fits in, I suppose its up to him to prove he is good enough for a starting place, but he has Ray, Nolan, NG, Walker and Wintle in his way.

Released
    - Chris Dagnall
    - Zoumana Bakayogo
    - Daniel Udoh
    - Ross Woodcock

No surprises there, feel sorry for Woodcock though as he has had a bad injury

No surprises, and rightly so. I shall miss Zooms though - you never quite knew what he was going to do but you could almost guarantee that it would be entertaining, one way or another!!

but this does leave us without mainstream fullbacks -assuming DA sees Perry as a CH (if not that still means a left back is needed).
    Maybe DA is going to go with 3 CBs in 3-5-2. It's difficult we seem to have riches in some departments and a paucity in others. It all seems a little imbalanced.

Paul Green has just signed a 1 year deal with the option of another year. Brilliant signing. Sign up Miller, add a couple of full backs and I think we have a team that is ready to rock and roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Death View Post
    Paul Green has just signed a 1 year deal with the option of another year. Brilliant signing. Sign up Miller, add a couple of full backs and I think we have a team that is ready to rock and roll.
    Yes excellent - deal done before Saturday I understand but couldn't be announced till Oldham had given out their Retained List.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast