+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A good read

A good read

And I agree with all of it excellent piece

http://www.football365.com/news/stop...ead-embrace-it

Interesting. As much as the money in the PL is great, there isn't a lot of fun starting your relegation battle in September.

I’m pleased to know that I am not alone in my heretical views that the PL is not necessarily the holy grail that so many keep telling us it is.
    Cheers for pointer Bully. Like you I enjoyed the read.

Each to their own but I don't see the point of entering any competition unless you want to win it.

Wonder what CW thinks about not wanting to get to the top level of his chosen profession?

It's his job TT he has to do the best he can and win as many games as he can,but he actually subscribes to the writers view as it's not win at all costs with him if that means shutting up shop for 80 mins CW tries to play entertaining attractive football and it's cost us points this season but there wasn't too many moaning about it just the odd dissenter

Plus he isn't saying you shouldn't try to get there just it's not the be all and end all some make it out to be most blades are in agreement the last 2 seasons have been very entertaining and we're not in the premier league,that's his point
    Last edited by bulmer1889; 08-05-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Each to their own but I don't see the point of entering any competition unless you want to win it.

Wonder what CW thinks about not wanting to get to the top level of his chosen profession?
    Of course you want to win any competition you are in, that is the whole point of the game.

All I am saying is that it ain’t the end of the world, if you fail. I’ve never understood the pictures we see of people (over the age of 7) crying because of relegation - or anything else to do with sport.
    It is a GAME! It’s supposed to be an entertainment. In the great scheme of things it really isn’t that important. The media, for their own purposes, continue to try to assure us that it is.

It isn’t!

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Of course you want to win any competition you are in, that is the whole point of the game.

All I am saying is that it ain’t the end of the world, if you fail. I’ve never understood the pictures we see of people (over the age of 7) crying because of relegation - or anything else to do with sport.
    It is a GAME! It’s supposed to be an entertainment. In the great scheme of things it really isn’t that important. The media, for their own purposes, continue to try to assure us that it is.

It isn’t!
    It just is mate.

I cry more easily now then a did as a kid. Then I knew we would be back shortly....now I'm not so sure.
    I cry when we win Gold at the Olympics and win the Ashes and when I watch certain films.

UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    It just is mate.

I cry more easily now then a did as a kid. Then I knew we would be back shortly....now I'm not so sure.
    I cry when we win Gold at the Olympics and win the Ashes and when I watch certain films.

UTCB
    With complete respect for Ronnies points I'm just like you Chips.
    I even cried at the sentiments of a number of the songs in The Greatest Showman. Luckily I was with my daughters and they know me better than I know myself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    With complete respect for Ronnies points I'm just like you Chips.
    I even cried at the sentiments of a number of the songs in The Greatest Showman. Luckily I was with my daughters and they know me better than I know myself!!!
    We should all cry more, its good for us. I cried at Coronation Street on Monday - incredibly sad watching Aidan's suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    We should all cry more, its good for us. I cried at Coronation Street on Monday - incredibly sad watching Aidan's suicide
    Thanks for spoiling it Aya,I think as you get older the more likely you are to cry,I can’t watch an episode of DIY SOS without the waterworks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast