+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thought you lot said Ball was crap

Must admit he’s grown on me since the split in the defensive midfield role.

The semi performance was unforgivable but maybe more DM’s fault for playing the lad so far out of position?

Nae a starter, but Potentially a useful squad player next year in that DM role.

Played well today. Did a good job keeping Rogic quiet and he usually has a good game against us, usually manages a goal or two.

I thought he was superb today. Him, Shinnie and McLean were fearless and gave up nothing.

Best I've seen Logan for over a year!

Lewis too, absolutely outstanding, who do you give man of the match to after that team performance.

I watched your game today and it was a well deserved win all the team ran and worked to produce a overall good performance Dom Ball included I hope our manager has another look at him in pre season. Great 2 see you earn a runner up spot does that secure a Europa spot.

No offence to Ball but we need a better standard of player who is more consistent and can handle pressure matches better.
    He was decent today but it doesn’t cover over the cracks. We need better players if we are to kick on.

I think we should keep him. I think he has shown too much potential to let him go and hope we get a better replacement.

I think people find it a bit too easy just to say 'he's sh*te' or 'get rid' when results aren't going our way.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    No offence to Ball but we need a better standard of player who is more consistent and can handle pressure matches better.
    He was decent today but it doesn’t cover over the cracks. We need better players if we are to kick on.
    Maybe today's not the day to have a pop at the lad, I thought he handled the pressure of today's match perfectly well. Still consider him a young player (he's not much older than McKenna) and he's been improving with every game. There's certainly no questioning his commitment to the team and that's no bad thing. He's grown on me since his gaff in the semi-final and I wouldn't be upset if he were here next season.

If we do sign him he has to play in front of the back 4.

The 5 post split matches is the first time he's had a proper run in the team and look at our goals against in that period. Just 1 goal conceded in 5 matches against the other top 6 clubs. Coincidence? We look a lot more composed as well, not been as much headless chicken stuff at the back in the last month.

The rest of his loan period he's only had the odd game here and there and a few minutes occasionally as a sub in different positions. Impossible to judge a player on that really.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Don View Post
    Maybe today's not the day to have a pop at the lad, I thought he handled the pressure of today's match perfectly well. Still consider him a young player (he's not much older than McKenna) and he's been improving with every game. There's certainly no questioning his commitment to the team and that's no bad thing. He's grown on me since his gaff in the semi-final and I wouldn't be upset if he were here next season.
    I think he was decent today but no way on this planet should he be used as cover in defence at right back. I didn’t realise he was as young as McKenna.
    Nothing personal against Ball but if we are to really improve we need players who can handle bigger matches.
    He has done nothing to make me think he can be a stand out player and one we should be keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I think he was decent today but no way on this planet should he be used as cover in defence at right back. I didn’t realise he was as young as McKenna.
    Nothing personal against Ball but if we are to really improve we need players who can handle bigger matches.
    He has done nothing to make me think he can be a stand out player and one we should be keeping.
    Completely agree. He has been decent enough since the semi final disaster but he is not the tough tackling central midfielder we need nor is he the skillful midfielder that can pick a pass to open up a tight defense that we also need so given he will be no doubt on decent wages I'm not convinced he would be the best way for us to spend our limited budget. Thanks for the last few games Dom but not for me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast