+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bridge too far

A bridge too far

Well we are down. The moral of the story is don’t hire a manager that has a ****e record and not to sign mercenaries on high wages as the clay heads have found out also. We the the fans are the club and not these tosspots. We will have our day once more because we are the Albion. I will be there next season supporting the honest players playing in the famous blue and white stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by rambaggie View Post
    Well we are down. The moral of the story is don’t hire a manager that has a ****e record and not to sign mercenaries on high wages as the clay heads have found out also. We the the fans are the club and not these tosspots. We will have our day once more because we are the Albion. I will be there next season supporting the honest players playing in the famous blue and white stripes.
    . And other clubs in the future ram will do the same.It’s the premier way.

The premier league is full of mercenary Players and mercenary managers only after 1 thing, they don't care about the fans, the good thing about getting relegated is hopefully we will get rid of ours and use some of the kids who have an affinity to the club and we can get back to being the club we used to be, i have enjoyed watching some great players mainly in the opposition but i'm looking forward to hopefully enjoying watching football again next season whatever happens.

We got what we deserved in the end.

In incompetent owner.

A weak nonentity of a chairman.

A lawyer doing player recruitment after Ashworth departed.

Employing Hammond.

Failing to notice Pulis was a busted flush after that terrible last ten games of last season.

Continuing failure to replace the goals of Odemwingie and Berahino by employing s h y t e like Brown Ideye,Samaras,Anichebe,Rondon.

Never signing a goal scoring midfielder.

Makeshift fullbacks.

Pardew.

Allowing the squad to age and never adding youth and pace.

Lack of discipline.

The crimes are endless and this recipe usually bakes a relegation cake and so we now eat our “Humble Pie” served up by our inept leader and cohorts.

Interesting today to hear Stoke owner Peter Coates blame himself for their demise whilst Charlie Adam openly called out “five and possibly more” Stoke players for lack of effort.

As I said....it’s what we deserve so no tears being shed in my house.

Angry and sad but realistic for a few months now.

While many of your points are relevant mickd, I firmly believe that the biggest mistake was the appointment of Pardew. I agree that perhaps we should have got rid of Pulis a little sooner but Pardew was our biggest error. You only have to look at the results since Moore took over to confirm this. The players respect him as a person, believe in his methods and the fans love him. This was the complete opposite of both players' and fans' attitude to Pardew. You could say that the players should give their all, no matter who is in charge, and while I agree with this, from what I witnessed I don't think that they knew what their individual jobs were which culminated in the first half performance against Burnley. The board, therefore, have to shoulder the blame as Pardew was never the correct choice. Let's hope that they don't repeat their mistake. Personally, I would give Darren Moore a go, he deserves it. I firmly believe that he is the only chance we have of retaining some of the players that we need to hold onto.

I said only a few days ago that I did not think Darren Moore was necessarily the managerial answer even if he is one of the most popular blokes in recent history. But rightly or wrongly I find my view gradually changing.

The thing is, Darren Moore actually cares about the club and the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    We got what we deserved in the end.

In incompetent owner.

A weak nonentity of a chairman.

A lawyer doing player recruitment after Ashworth departed.

Employing Hammond.

Failing to notice Pulis was a busted flush after that terrible last ten games of last season.

Continuing failure to replace the goals of Odemwingie and Berahino by employing s h y t e like Brown Ideye,Samaras,Anichebe,Rondon.

Never signing a goal scoring midfielder.

Makeshift fullbacks.

Pardew.

Allowing the squad to age and never adding youth and pace.

Lack of discipline.

The crimes are endless and this recipe usually bakes a relegation cake and so we now eat our “Humble Pie” served up by our inept leader and cohorts.

Interesting today to hear Stoke owner Peter Coates blame himself for their demise whilst Charlie Adam openly called out “five and possibly more” Stoke players for lack of effort.

As I said....it’s what we deserve so no tears being shed in my house.

Angry and sad but realistic for a few months now.
    Mickd 61 for manager !!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    While many of your points are relevant mickd, I firmly believe that the biggest mistake was the appointment of Pardew. I agree that perhaps we should have got rid of Pulis a little sooner but Pardew was our biggest error. You only have to look at the results since Moore took over to confirm this. The players respect him as a person, believe in his methods and the fans love him. This was the complete opposite of both players' and fans' attitude to Pardew. You could say that the players should give their all, no matter who is in charge, and while I agree with this, from what I witnessed I don't think that they knew what their individual jobs were which culminated in the first half performance against Burnley. The board, therefore, have to shoulder the blame as Pardew was never the correct choice. Let's hope that they don't repeat their mistake. Personally, I would give Darren Moore a go, he deserves it. I firmly believe that he is the only chance we have of retaining some of the players that we need to hold onto.

Agree with all your points and Micks but you have missed one big thing! Not only are the Board responsible for hiring Pardew which was a huge mistake, I do blame the Board more for NOT sacking Pardew around the Huddersfield game when we still had a chance - the majority of supporters were screaming for Pardews head then!

West Brom NEVER learn - cheap cheap cheap feckin option yet again. A negotiation took place with Pardew when it appeared both parties accepted the relegation fate, which reduced Pardews pay out.

So to reduce Pardews payout - short short sighed yet again as going down will cost us circa 50 million and in comparison we have saved peanuts holding on to Pardew for too long to save cash! Now letting Evans go for 3 million when we could have easily got 15/20 million in January is another crime as Evans has been poor for a long time!!!!

Whilst Pulis and more so Pardew should take a big slice of the blame - I totally blame the INCOMPETENT BOARD at West Brom who could not even run a school fete!!!

Please please can someone also buy Rondon for over 10 million as the guy could NOT consistently score if he played for Barcelona, and here was another big problem in addition to the 4 million spent on that Prima Donna Sturridge who like Chadli, will always be in the treatment room more than stepping on the grass.
    Last edited by baggieal; 09-05-2018 at 09:57 AM.

The board just couldn't bring themselves to own up to their monumental blunder of appointing Partridge. They know they should have acted sooner. Everyone was prepared to go with Pardew initially and things did look promising. His credibility was called into question when he dropped Rod for Sturridge after which we bombed and we dont even have to cite hindsight in all this. The blame for me lies mainly with Partridge for his lack of leadership followed by the board for not acting sooner in dumping that charlatan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)