+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for DM to go

I agree with the sentiment but the time for him to go was after the St.Johnstone semi at Iprix.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    Totally agree.

Holding off buying my season ticket until I see whats happening close season. I know it isnt much of a protest, but very disillusioned right now with what the board actually see as being a success.
    I am in the exactly same boat as this statement

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I agree with the sentiment but the time for him to go was after the St.Johnstone semi at Iprix.
    What a load of rubbish. Mason, I know you like to be the devils advocate on here, but that is just complete and utter nonsense. So a month after winning the league cup, he should have got the bullet?

After making 2 cup finals last season and finishing 2nd, he proved that he was rightly kept on. This season has no doubt been a bad season, but after losing key players last summer, I think it was always going to be the case. I say give him the summer window and if he fluffs it, then its time to look elsewhere. I know many on here don't think he deserves the chance, but I do and so does the club.

He wont be sacked, he isn't going anywhere, so we either bite the bullet, crack on and see what happens. If next season is a bad season, then he deserves to be questioned over his future. Trust me though, as far as Aberdeen Football Club are concerned, Derek is meeting their expectation level and wont be sacked. That expectation level might be different from some of the fans, but that's been the case for over 20 years.

The St.Johnstone game showcased his limitations perfectly. His caution from a winning position, his inability to change it during a game & his opposite manager exposing it without really doing much (the much maligned Tommy Wrong in that case)

Fast forward a few years & it was the exact same last night. He’s not going to change

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    I say give him the summer window and if he fluffs it, then its time to look elsewhere.

He wont be sacked, he isn't going anywhere, so we either bite the bullet, crack on and see what happens. If next season is a bad season, then he deserves to be questioned over his future. Trust me though, as far as Aberdeen Football Club are concerned, Derek is meeting their expectation level and wont be sacked. That expectation level might be different from some of the fans, but that's been the case for over 20 years.

Would you trust McInnes in another transfer window? I certainly wouldn't, not with some of the utter garbage he has signed so far. I cant stand having another season full of loanees from Rotherham etc....

Unfortunately I agree with the second part above, AFC won't get rid of him, until the fans start voting with their feet, see Calderwood, Smith etc.....

Has to go, I would say, the regression will only get worse, he is out of his depth. Problem is Milne wont sack him.

Concerning comment from me from DM post match last night was, "Our summer recruitment last year was rushed, because of our early Europa League involvement".

What?

Didn't we have qualification sewed up around late March?

And didn't he know that Hayes, Jack, PP, Taylor and McGinn were all fecking off around about that time?

so why the rush?

Was it not cos he was flashing his knickers to Sunderland, and took his eye off the ball?

I'm not at the stage for wanting DM bulleted, and reckon he is allowed one more window to sort his sh1t out, but its a massive summer for him. Last season's signings were DIRE, Greg Stewart in particular, but May is no better, Christie has been mince since January, and the less said about Maynard the better.

EVERY new signing has to be heavily scrutinised this summer. Made a semi decent start with the Hamilton pair, but needs to do so much better

As a fan, I'd say get rid now, it's the knicker flashing more than anything that has finished him as far as I'm concerned.

If I was ( and I'm not) a director, I'd be giving him one more season.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    As a fan, I'd say get rid now, it's the knicker flashing more than anything that has finished him as far as I'm concerned.

If I was ( and I'm not) a director, I'd be giving him one more season.
    Have to agree , as a fan I think it's time for a change and probably good timing as the squad needs rebuilt in summer. Do we really trust DM to do that after the signings he's made recently? Over his 5 years here only a very small percentage of his signings would get pass marks from me.
    The board will give him at least another season though , attendances are good and those joining the AberDNA scheme are essentially showing a vote of confidence in the manager and board to spend their hard earned money wisely on the transfer market. After the dross that was brought in this season I'm not sure I share that same confidence.

DM can do no wrong as far as the chairman is concerned & thats the biggest problem

he will be here until the stadiums completed then SM will try to get out +hopefully he will be replaced by a chairman with ambition whom has a football brain

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast