+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for DM to go

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Frequently deserved criticism as they have been underperforming for whatever reasons especially in the bigger pressure games like the filth and semi finals. It is infuriating because we have seen most of them perform to a higher standard throughout their time here or at their previous clubs.

Finishing with a reasonable points total does not excuse these poor performances as if they had performed it could have been less of a damp squib.
    That's exactly my point. The original comment was that we "absolutely should be qualifying for Europe" with the team we have as if somehow we have a team head and shoulders above the rest when in reality we all know that they can be good on their day and also bloody awful.

You get what you pay for is a relevant saying to us i.e. most of the time we are reasonably good but lack the consistency in some games and lack ability in others. If you had to pick an Aberdeen/Hibs best eleven I strongly suspect our players would be in the minority yet it's Hibs that are relying on Celtic winning the cup to get into Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    This is what frustrates me, what you've said above and he's got a team that even when playing off the boil and bottling big games can finish on 70 Points .

Add a bit more effort and ambition , you've got 80 points. That just throws the "Budget" argument right out the window.

He's had 5 seasons to challenge Celtic for a title and he hasn't took it.
    10 more points, just like that? That fair does throw the Budget argument clean out the window!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    That's exactly my point. The original comment was that we "absolutely should be qualifying for Europe" with the team we have as if somehow we have a team head and shoulders above the rest when in reality we all know that they can be good on their day and also bloody awful.

You get what you pay for is a relevant saying to us i.e. most of the time we are reasonably good but lack the consistency in some games and lack ability in others. If you had to pick an Aberdeen/Hibs best eleven I strongly suspect our players would be in the minority yet it's Hibs that are relying on Celtic winning the cup to get into Europe.
    We have a team better than every team bar the pigs. We have underperformed and still second. We have been sh@te to watch and still second. We have layed down and had our bellies tickled by our rivals and still second

Imagine we were good.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLineRed View Post
    10 more points, just like that? That fair does throw the Budget argument clean out the window!
    nah, just saying if we can get 70 points with a mediocre , underperforming side, what could we achieve with a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    nah, just saying if we can get 70 points with a mediocre , underperforming side, what could we achieve with a little bit more.
    I don't think we are under performing, it's more that many of our squad (including the summer signings) aren't as good as they were 3-4 years ago. In the recent Sevco game I thought the effort was there but unfortuately there wasn't enough quality - just as well we had McLean on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    We have a team better than every team bar the pigs. We have underperformed and still second. We have been sh@te to watch and still second. We have layed down and had our bellies tickled by our rivals and still second

Imagine we were good.
    I'm not sure I share your confidence in our team. I think that three poor transfer windows in a row means that we are much of a muchness with sevco and Hibs and arguably have a weaker first team than both, in a sense of playing ability as well as mindset in bigger games when things go against us. What we do have is an ability to win games against the poorer teams much more effectively than most others.

We played some really good football in the second half of last season so it's not so difficult to imagine we were good and hopefully we can sign some better quality players in the Summer than many of those leaving so can look forward to watching a better quality of team next season that really can be competitive in all games we play. Yes we will still lose games but its much more fun when going to big games knowing we will put a good showing at least, both in the league and cups

With the team we have we absolutely should be qualifying for Europe. We should also be in the mix for winning trophies and giving the pigs a fright (not saying winning it)We should also be seeing of a very poor sevco team

But we aren't but aye its ok

I'm home for the qualifiers this year and will be taking on a jolly hopefully. Still doesn't mean Im even near happy with the season. The list above is f@cking infuriating
    Why?

You were arguing that the signings haven't been good enough. Now you're telling us that we should easily be qualifying for Europe? What one is it?

Surely if the players that have been brought in are as poor as you said earlier then we should not be achieving a place in Europe.

Imagine we were good.
    I get confused when people say we have a good team yet there are loads of threads about how shyte every player is apart from possibly Lewis and McKenna.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I get confused when people say we have a good team yet there are loads of threads about how shyte every player is apart from possibly Lewis and McKenna.
    I think it comes down to needing to beat McInnes with any stick they can, warranted or not.
    McInnes is doing a decent job, yes we hoped our summer signings performed better than they have so far, yes we were knocked out of both cups in the quarter final and semi-final stage and hoped we could do better.

Maybe some are just spoilt and expect everything.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I think it comes down to needing to beat McInnes with any stick they can, warranted or not.
    McInnes is doing a decent job, yes we hoped our summer signings performed better than they have so far, yes we were knocked out of both cups in the quarter final and semi-final stage and hoped we could do better.

Maybe some are just spoilt and expect everything.

The truth is every manager has their faults. While we lambast Mcinnes at times, and to be fair it is justified on occasion, there are managers like Rodgers who himself has been on the wrong side of fans, for his performances in the champions league. Celtic we pretty much gubbed in every game in the group stages and there were Celtic fans who thought he should be binned. Even Ronnie Deila was chased out of Glasgow after winning two league titles in a row and a league and cup double in his first season. Its all about fans expectations and it’s the fans who decide the fate of their manager. However there is not a big enough desire to sack DM, so it wont happen. Those who do want him gone are in the minority. Next season will be the defining season IMO.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast