+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Time for DM to go

Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post

Its this kind of *******s that stops people visiting this forum.

Surely folk are nae that soft

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Attachment 9457 So i guess nobody can argue with these stats and that is the DM has done a great job in taking us to where we are today from where we were when we joined. But at the same time these stats don't lie, it's clear he has taken us as far as he can and its time for change if we want our club to step up to the next level.
    Remember Ebe comparing stats to mini skirts.

Thanks DM
    I think it would be fantastic if Milne said 2nd isn’t good enough but I would imagine if he gives McInnes an end of season appraisal it will be exceeds expectations.No chance in hell McInnes is going anywhere soon.

To be fair though if he did sack McInnes after finishing 2nd the chances are we would go through as much managers as the Huns have this last few years.

The main problem is knicker flashing.

If he's the manager then fine, lets get on with it.

If he starts fluttering his eyelashes at clubs like the hun then we need to plan without him.

I wouldn't grudge the bloke his dream job if it came along.
    Man utd. and Arsenal are unlikely until after we win the UEFA cup next season though.

But not the hun, never the hun, and the fact that he was ready to go there pissed a hell of a lot of people off.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Attachment 9457 So i guess nobody can argue with these stats and that is the DM has done a great job in taking us to where we are today from where we were when we joined. But at the same time these stats don't lie, it's clear he has taken us as far as he can and its time for change if we want our club to step up to the next level.
    Remember Ebe comparing stats to mini skirts.

Thanks DM
    Nice graphic.

I get the premise of your complaint and you are entitled, like your other pals in the anti-McInnes groupthink, to it. From a Risk Management perspective, there is no chance Aberdeen FC are going to part with McInnes. With steady performance like he has delivered for 5 years, it would be a huge gamble to rip it up and start again. Maybe, just maybe, McInnes is still learning - although many here doubt he ever will - and will apply lessons learned this season bit by bit. The familiar refrain you and your pals have beaten him up with this season is the results against the ugly sisters. Do you honestly believe McInnes, himself is that thrilled about them?

I remember a similar(ish) situation we found ourselves in 9 years ago when Calderwood had just led us to another European place and 5 in a row top six finishes. Like many, I used to think we won in spite of Calderwood and we were god-awful to watch. However, what followed after Calderwood until McInnes arrived is undoubtedly the most miserable period I've ever endured in 45 years following Aberdeen. Maybe Stewart Milne and the board have learned their lesson from the Calderwood to McGhee shambles? Currently, they have no grounds for replacing McInnes so he stays and I wish him all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Surely folk are nae that soft
    Its nothing to do with being soft.

Personally, when I come on here to see whats going on (I dont post a lot but visit loads) and have to trundle through post after negative post from the same few people, even when the team have done well (look at all the negativity the last few days alone, despite finishing second, beating the tims at craphead). It wears people down, and not in a way that makes them dislike McInnes for what he has done for the club.

Sure, its fine to point out where he screws up (both cups spring to mind for a start) but to have to see it constantly is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post
    Its nothing to do with being soft.

Personally, when I come on here to see whats going on (I dont post a lot but visit loads) and have to trundle through post after negative post from the same few people, even when the team have done well (look at all the negativity the last few days alone, despite finishing second, beating the tims at craphead). It wears people down, and not in a way that makes them dislike McInnes for what he has done for the club.

Sure, its fine to point out where he screws up (both cups spring to mind for a start) but to have to see it constantly is boring.
    Where is all the negative posts? I don’t think anyone complained about beating Celtic at Celtic Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntly loon View Post
    We're never going to be first. Ever.

The best we can hope for is the best of the rest, the odd cup win and a periodic decent run in Europe.

If you want more. Be a glory hunting c**t and go and support the tims.

Do I want us to be first, of course. But I'm a realist, not a fantasist as some of this forum appear to be.
    I said it to Mason on the other DM thread - we have a better chance of winning the league under McInnes than under any manager since W. Miller.

The odds aren’t great - probably 5-10% each season under McInnes. Some folk will take that chance and expand it into an expectation.

Must be the most pointless discussion in the world. McInnes being replaced by Aberdeen's choosing at the moment is less likely than Jesus himself returning.

My only gripe is the club/McInnes/most fans don't take every game seriously enough. Every point matters, not winning a game is a disaster for us if we're trying to win the league. Drawing against Celtic is fine. If we'd drawn the other 3 games against them we'd have finished joint top. Rangers are perfectly beatable.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920