+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for DM to go

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The St.Johnstone game showcased his limitations perfectly. His caution from a winning position, his inability to change it during a game & his opposite manager exposing it without really doing much (the much maligned Tommy Wrong in that case)

Fast forward a few years & it was the exact same last night. He’s not going to change
    Bit harsh to sack him at the time but it highlighted his weaknesses. Particularly when I started to question things, towards the end of the season, not beating hearts and then the Motherwell game at Pittodrie. The dodgy goal gave him an excuse.

I still wouldn't have sacked him then but it's the same issues, same stubbornness and same mistakes.

You have to question what the **** Doc does/says as well.

It was a golden opportunity missed. A free pop at a god awful PJM side to end the cup drought.

On a slightly different note, it may not be directly his fault but it’s certainly no coincidence that Ross County, ICT, St.Johnstone all won their first cups on his watch. The first ever manager in the history of AFC to see Hibs win the cup.

Mark McGhee could’ve managed that too

The board , SM in perticular will continue to persevere with DM as long as attendances are decent and season tickets and AberDNA are high. Sadly the ambition is non existent, top 4 and the odd cup final seems to be enough to keep fans interested enough to part with their hard earned cash and this in turn is enough to keep DM in the job.

As a well known song goes , it's all about the money money money!!

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    As a well known song goes , it's all about the money money money!!
    Indeed it is, some cannot realise that, I thought a draw was the correct result last night on both team’s performances.......anyway, onwards and upwards and I’ll be taking some money money mo......ehm......euros out the bank to allow myself to follow my team in Europe and our current coach has delivered that annually, regardless, where are we in the league, heid is like a brothpot today 🤦*♂️

SF

I wasn't aware that we had qualified for Europe

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    a lot of the blame has to lie with DM he got it wrong again last night. A blind man could see the equalizer coming as we stood off them and allowed them to look like the better team and they grew in confidence because we allowed them to. He waited too long to make and changes again!!! and starting a huge game like that without a recognized goal scorer on the park in my eyes is quite frankly not acceptable.
    I'm not saying or suggesting we should offload the entire team, but offloading DM would be a good starting point

SF
    Its true we never really applied ourselves in the second half, but I got the sense we are a team running on empty.
    A lot of players with knocks and niggles, not really on full fitness that was holding us back.
    DM said that McLean was feeling his calf at half time and we know that GMS only passed a fitness test in the morning.

Not making excuses, seriously, they were there for the taking and it was a very poor goal to concede.
    Other than that, they never troubled Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Are you predicting we won't qualify for Europe?
    I'm confident we will and may even do so tonight without even kicking a ball.
    That said, I hope Hibs draw with Hearts and go into the game at the weekend knowing a win puts SevCo down to fourth

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    As it stands we have not, however, we will and I’ll happily clap my way on the flight wherever the once michty go regardless as has been the norm under our coa.......ehm, sorry, our current coach.

SF

Shaky heid smiley

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast