+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for DM to go

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    The truth is every manager has their faults. While we lambast Mcinnes at times, and to be fair it is justified on occasion, there are managers like Rodgers who himself has been on the wrong side of fans, for his performances in the champions league. Celtic we pretty much gubbed in every game in the group stages and there were Celtic fans who thought he should be binned. Even Ronnie Deila was chased out of Glasgow after winning two league titles in a row and a league and cup double in his first season. Its all about fans expectations and it’s the fans who decide the fate of their manager. However there is not a big enough desire to sack DM, so it wont happen. Those who do want him gone are in the minority. Next season will be the defining season IMO.
    So if next season is same as this season (poor transfer windows , embarrassing cup exits and somehow sneaking 2nd or 3rd in league) then what happens? Nothing that's what I suspect will happen. It will only be a defining season if we win something or royally make an arse of it and finish lower in league than DMs previous season. The club is happy with what we have under Mcinnes, he's the safe pair of hands Milne had craved for for years.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    So if next season is same as this season (poor transfer windows , embarrassing cup exits and somehow sneaking 2nd or 3rd in league) then what happens? Nothing that's what I suspect will happen. It will only be a defining season if we win something or royally make an arse of it and finish lower in league than DMs previous season. The club is happy with what we have under Mcinnes, he's the safe pair of hands Milne had craved for for years.
    And if he secured second or third, wins the Scottish Cup and has a successful transfer window it's still the same safe pair of hands that Milne craved.

All ifs and buts, what's your point???

I suspect European qualification is the minimum requirement each year and a half decent run in the cups. 2nd or 3rd this season and a cup final had probably just about met the requirements of the board room. I also suspect that Mcinnes has enough credit in the bank to have one awful season, early cup exits and bottom 6, and still get another season to put it right. This is why I don't see the point in bleating on about getting rid of him as it won't happen . I'd prefer to see him grow a pair and win a few big games .

The point is it would take a castrophical sequence of events for DM to part company with AFC. That was the point I was making when I commented on the post predicting this next season is a defining one for DM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    The truth is every manager has their faults. While we lambast Mcinnes at times, and to be fair it is justified on occasion, there are managers like Rodgers who himself has been on the wrong side of fans, for his performances in the champions league. Celtic we pretty much gubbed in every game in the group stages and there were Celtic fans who thought he should be binned. Even Ronnie Deila was chased out of Glasgow after winning two league titles in a row and a league and cup double in his first season. Its all about fans expectations and it’s the fans who decide the fate of their manager. However there is not a big enough desire to sack DM, so it wont happen. Those who do want him gone are in the minority. Next season will be the defining season IMO.
    Totally Agree,
    DM deserves criticism for his faults at the time, but overall has done a decent job and is not a candidate for a gamble sack and replace.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Why?

You were arguing that the signings haven't been good enough. Now you're telling us that we should easily be qualifying for Europe? What one is it?

Surely if the players that have been brought in are as poor as you said earlier then we should not be achieving a place in Europe.
    They players we have signed have not cut the mustard

GMS has been hit or a miss. Should be better

McGinn has done f@ck all

Cosgrove has played 3 times is it

Ball not good enough

Christie pish

Chidi cant comment as I haven't seen him due to work

Stevie May has been totally sh@te

Arnason has been sh@te

As I said. Our team is and should be doing better than it has. Our team is better than any team bar celtic on paper. They just don't play as well as they should and its not always their fault as they cant adapt to McInnes and his brain farts. But they have under achieved

The loans have been rubbish apart form McLean. So I will stick by poor recruitment. The full time signings have not played to their capabilities, good signing but have not stepped up

So again, we have qualified for Europe and been crap on the whole. Imagine if we were good

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    They players we have signed have not cut the mustard

GMS has been hit or a miss. Should be better

McGinn has done f@ck all

Cosgrove has played 3 times is it

Ball not good enough

Christie pish

Chidi cant comment as I haven't seen him due to work

Stevie May has been totally sh@te

Arnason has been sh@te

As I said. Our team is and should be doing better than it has. Our team is better than any team bar celtic on paper. They just don't play as well as they should and its not always their fault as they cant adapt to McInnes and his brain farts. But they have under achieved

The loans have been rubbish apart form McLean. So I will stick by poor recruitment. The full time signings have not played to their capabilities, good signing but have not stepped up

So again, we have qualified for Europe and been crap on the whole. Imagine if we were good
    How can the team be doing better than it currently is if a the players you have listed are Tom Kite????

Surely then our manager has got these under performing poorer players playing to a level that is higher than your perceived ability. Therefore McInnes has done a wonderful job.

All hail McInnes. Leader of Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    How can the team be doing better than it currently is if a the players you have listed are Tom Kite????

Surely then our manager has got these under performing poorer players playing to a level that is higher than your perceived ability. Therefore McInnes has done a wonderful job.

All hail McInnes. Leader of Aberdeen.
    Again, imagine if this team which is good on paper was good on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Again, imagine if this team which is good on paper was good on the park.
    Just imagine how good your posts could be if they weren't a load of ****e

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I think it comes down to needing to beat McInnes with any stick they can, warranted or not.
    McInnes is doing a decent job, yes we hoped our summer signings performed better than they have so far, yes we were knocked out of both cups in the quarter final and semi-final stage and hoped we could do better.

Maybe some are just spoilt and expect everything.
    Jesus, Milne and McInnes must absolutely love you.

Nobody is spoilt and expect everything ffs. Having a set of standards and expectations that involve qualifying for Europe and reaching and winning cup finals is not “spoilt” or “expecting everything”, it’s a realistic setting of standards and performance levels that we should expect of a team like Aberdeen.

Are we going to achieve that every year - of course not - but that does not mean that we should not be 100% clear that this is the expectation level at a club like Aberdeen.

If you don’t set the bar high enough, it’s no wonder you rarely if ever achieve cup wins.

The cheeks bang on all the time about how they have the pressure of being expected to win every game. That’s totally unrealistic but sets a standard and expectation that they have to try to live up to.

We need to raise the bar in our expectations as too many involved with afc are far too happy with mediocrity - and you sir in my opinion encapsulate that attitude perfectly I’m afraid.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast