+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Time for DM to go

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Some fair points.

It is perfectly realistic in my view to set a target of Europe and a cup win every season. At the start of every season we would all say that’s a realistic target for that season surely?

What is also realistic is the fact we won’t achieve that every year, but when we don’t achieve it, the reasons need scrutinised and analysed - and people at the club challenged and held to account for the failure with required improvements identified and implemented. That scrutiny is what a lot of people are doing here, and frankly it’s something I simply don’t believe will happen within the Club.

I don’t think for a second Milne will be challenging DM over the teams performance this year - he’ll be quite happy - and that sets a bar that allows us to continue to win very little.

Lennon has now gone a bit OTT in his reaction to last night and did actually throw his team under a bus today which I think was unfair, but by Christ the man has the type of standards I’d love our management to aspire to.

You think a reasonable expectation is Europe and two decent cup runs - I assume that means semi final minimum?

My reasonable expectation is higher and I think realistic at the start of each season. I really do think that setting a lower expectation level makes it easier (and more likely) for us to end up winning nothing - as we have done many times as you point out.

If we don’t achieve it, then as I said, DM and the team need held to account, (not thrown under a bus) problems & causes of the failure identified and improvements implemented for the next season. I don’t believe that happens anywhere near to the level it should - just my opinion.

DM isn’t getting sacked - he’s got enough credit in the bank to get another season at least - more fae Milne probably. I agree with Stupie that next season is a big one for Del and make or break for him with a lot of supporters - me included.

He needs to be properly challenged to deliver more. We are back to being a top of the table team with respectability, which is great after years of embarrassment - but again, given the relative weakness of Sevco, the diets and HIV’s this last 5 years I can’t help feeling that 1 trophy from that period is a poor return. Looking at a lot of the teams who have won trophies in that period it’s realistic to have expected more and be disappointed with the haul in that period.

The one guy I’d love to se the back of ASAP is Milne but sadly that’s nae gonna happen either so mediocrity will almost certainly persist for the foreseeable sadly.
    You could look at the the teams that have won cups, other than us and argue we could have done better. However, could the same not be said for Hearts, Hibs, Sevco and Celtic? I always say when it comes to cups, strange things can happen. On paper, yes we should be doing better, but so should the teams i have mentioned above, who have all been pipped to a cup by 'lesser' opposition.

I think having expectations and ambitions is healthy for a support and should be encouraged. I think fans desire to sack the manager every time we dont achieve something though is bizarre. Some clubs in this world would be nowhere near where they are if they took that approach and while im certainly not comparing DM to any of the worlds best managers, he deserves time to rectify his mistakes.

If he fails, then he should rightly be sacked, but one bad season doesnt warrant it and lets face it, it could have been very much worse. What fans class as 'failure' is also a grey area and we will always differ on that. I expect Aberdeen to do better in the cups and at least turn up against the cheeks and if that continues not to happen next season, he needs to be seriously questioned. Im not saying he is unsackable, but he doesnt deserve that at all at the moment.

Name:  DM Statistics.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  86.3 KB So i guess nobody can argue with these stats and that is the DM has done a great job in taking us to where we are today from where we were when we joined. But at the same time these stats don't lie, it's clear he has taken us as far as he can and its time for change if we want our club to step up to the next level.
    Remember Ebe comparing stats to mini skirts.

Thanks DM

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    But at the same time these stats don't lie, it's clear he has taken us as far as he can and its time for change if we want our club to step up to the next level.
    what's your expectations of the next level?
    1st?

We're never going to be first. Ever.

The best we can hope for is the best of the rest, the odd cup win and a periodic decent run in Europe.

If you want more. Be a glory hunting c**t and go and support the tims.

Do I want us to be first, of course. But I'm a realist, not a fantasist as some of this forum appear to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntly loon View Post
    We're never going to be first. Ever.

The best we can hope for is the best of the rest, the odd cup win and a periodic decent run in Europe.

If you want more. Be a glory hunting c**t and go and support the tims.

Do I want us to be first, of course. But I'm a realist, not a fantasist as some of this forum appear to be.
    Shhhhhhh

They don't like that sort of talk on here!!!!

A lot of negative posts on here today, from the usual drainers

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Name:  DM Statistics.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  86.3 KB So i guess nobody can argue with these stats and that is the DM has done a great job in taking us to where we are today from where we were when we joined. But at the same time these stats don't lie, it's clear he has taken us as far as he can and its time for change if we want our club to step up to the next level.
    Remember Ebe comparing stats to mini skirts.

Thanks DM
    So, you make a post showing that we have been consistently second best for 4 (should be 5) seasons in a row, after being truly abysmal for many years, and think theres another manager out there who can improve on that with the same funds.

Its this kind of *******s that stops people visiting this forum.

If any investor decides to give DM £millions to invest in the playing squad to truly challenge the tims then yes, I could agree with your sentiment, but until then get real.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    what's your expectations of the next level?
    1st?
    Next level could be winning cups every couple of years or possible getting to group stages of Europa or even the playoff round

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Next level could be winning cups every couple of years or possible getting to group stages of Europa or even the playoff round
    F@ck that, next season I want the league cup, the league title, the Scottish cup and I will not moan if we get to the final of the Europa Cup.
    I would maybe even consider changing my mind about Derek McInnes. 😱

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    It all takes time BasingstokeRed.
    Our record outwith the glorious Fergie years is approx 1 trophy every 10 years.
    DM beats that

As for Europe, we have consistently improved our seeding, regularly progressing beyond the round seeded to go out.
    I expect to be seeded again for QR2, but be short of QR3.
    The thing is, with the new way of calculating seedings, a couple more years of reaching QR3 will see us seeded in QR3 and then a better chance of progressing to the play off rounds.

We are consistently achieving 2nd and are consistently improving our co-efficient in Europe.

That is progress, whether you like it or not.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast