+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for DM to go

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I'm happy posting why I'm happy he is still in charge..
    While jabbing away on the keyboard typing angry posts on a thread called ‘Time for DM to go’

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I wasn't a chore until this season. I was glad he turned down Sunderland last summer. I said it at the time. Celtic at home killed any respect for him. He then went on to continue the trend of bottling big games. 5 years is long enough. I absolutely believe he could have got better out of the teams hes had. That includes this season
    I assume you're talking about the game that Celtic destroyed us at Pittodrie?

The game where Celtic raised their game to a level we just couldn't compete with? The performance that Tom English and Willie Miller talked about after Celtic destroyed Sevco 5-0 but still stated their performance at Pittodrie that night was better!

Again from your previous posts I accept you disagree with that, however I'm with the pundits on that one - Celtic were just too good for us that night. Purely down to their level of investment and quality they have over Aberdeen FC.

Supporting a team like Aberdeen will always have ups and downs and moments when a better team just steamrollers us. Likewise you'll have the pi$$ poor perfmances (like Motherwell in both cups) where the management and the players deserve some stick.

As I've stated on numerous occasions, I see no better alternative or reason to get rid of a manager who is fulfilling reasonable expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    While jabbing away on the keyboard typing angry posts on a thread called ‘Time for DM to go’
    Yip too thick to understand debate.

Had to check this was still a fitba forum just noo and nae the debating society's chat room ! Excessive use of the word debate is always a concern when you're looking for some light hearted Craic....

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Had to check this was still a fitba forum just noo and nae the debating society's chat room ! Excessive use of the word debate is always a concern when you're looking for some light hearted Craic....
    Part of the problem here, is that he expects debate on every single post. He is a mass debater.

Part of the problem here, is that he expects debate on every single post. He is a mass debater.

Brilliant

Name:  laugh.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  503 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I assume you're talking about the game that Celtic destroyed us at Pittodrie?

The game where Celtic raised their game to a level we just couldn't compete with? The performance that Tom English and Willie Miller talked about after Celtic destroyed Sevco 5-0 but still stated their performance at Pittodrie that night was better!

s.
    The game where Celtic didnt break sweat as they didnt need to, the game where Boyata played like Beckenbauer as he was given free reign of Pittodrie. The game where we were good for 5 mins untill Brenda changed the formation and McInnes was lost so resorted to the standing off tactic that never works.

They were allowed to destroy us with very little effort

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Jesus, Milne and McInnes must absolutely love you.

Nobody is spoilt and expect everything ffs. Having a set of standards and expectations that involve qualifying for Europe and reaching and winning cup finals is not “spoilt” or “expecting everything”, it’s a realistic setting of standards and performance levels that we should expect of a team like Aberdeen.

Are we going to achieve that every year - of course not - but that does not mean that we should not be 100% clear that this is the expectation level at a club like Aberdeen.

If you don’t set the bar high enough, it’s no wonder you rarely if ever achieve cup wins.

The cheeks bang on all the time about how they have the pressure of being expected to win every game. That’s totally unrealistic but sets a standard and expectation that they have to try to live up to.

We need to raise the bar in our expectations as too many involved with afc are far too happy with mediocrity - and you sir in my opinion encapsulate that attitude perfectly I’m afraid.
    Im sorry, but it does come across to me anyway as a bunch of spoilt bairns ,unrealistic in their expectations.

You can be ambitious and set the bar high whilst also having a grasp of reality.

You mentioned expectation levels of winning cups every year whilst also admitting Its not achievable.
    Our record for silverware in our history is one trophy every 6 years and that includes an unprecedented period when the stars were aligned, we had Alex Ferguson as our manager and financially were able to compete with the cheeks.
    If we not have that golden period, we’d have an average far lower.
    We won 10 trophy’s between 1980 and 1986, the rest of our history, we’ve won 9 trophy’s in the remaining 109 years.

So my realistic expectations, is that we qualify for Europe and have two good cup runs, at least to the semi’s. If we succeed in getting to the final and winning the cups, then even better.
    I don’t believe in any deluded sense of entitlement though as there are other teams out there trying their damndest to do similarly.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast