+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for DM to go

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Shaky heid smiley
    Indeed 👍

Folk can sit and moan about DM on forums all they want. The important thing for the club, above all else is that the fans buy season tickets and/or sign up to AberDNA. As long as that continues to happen, and it will for now, he isn’t going anywhere and rightly so. The fans who part with their cash, myself included, do so on the basis we want to support the club. It wont be until there are protests in the stands and outside the ground that much will change.

The sickening thing for the ‘DM out’ camp is that I have heard very little fans asking for it anywhere other than social media and forums. I haven’t heard one single person in the stands this season calling for his head, albeit a lot of us are angry at some of the results. My point is, under Calderwood and McGhees tenures, the exact opposite was true. I dotn think the desire to get rid of him is there as much as some would like it to be.

Its growing though & the league position is irrelevant to the people who disagree with how Milne is changing the club.

it's a pointless thread just now.
    Milne won't sack him
    No-one will want DM
    He'll be here next season
    What is said on this thread is irrelevant and entirely moot

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    it's a pointless thread just now.
    Milne won't sack him
    No-one will want DM
    He'll be here next season
    What is said on this thread is irrelevant and entirely moot
    It's always irrelevant though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Folk can sit and moan about DM on forums all they want. The important thing for the club, above all else is that the fans buy season tickets and/or sign up to AberDNA. As long as that continues to happen, and it will for now, he isn’t going anywhere and rightly so. The fans who part with their cash, myself included, do so on the basis we want to support the club. It wont be until there are protests in the stands and outside the ground that much will change.

The sickening thing for the ‘DM out’ camp is that I have heard very little fans asking for it anywhere other than social media and forums. I haven’t heard one single person in the stands this season calling for his head, albeit a lot of us are angry at some of the results. My point is, under Calderwood and McGhees tenures, the exact opposite was true. I dotn think the desire to get rid of him is there as much as some would like it to be.
    I've heard a few people but the support are very apathetic. Particularly the Aberdeen based fans. None of the central belt fans (aberdonians as well) that I know want him here next season.

The fitness levels of a lot of our players is absolutely shocking as well, another thing he needs a shoe-in for.

Another issue

I was naïve enough to think that he was our man after the league cup win, and also parts of last season getting to two cup finals. A big part of me thought we would get at least one more trophy out of this guy.

After this season though I have no confidence that he can deliver any more silverware.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    I was naïve enough to think that he was our man after the league cup win, and also parts of last season getting to two cup finals. A big part of me thought we would get at least one more trophy out of this guy.

After this season though I have no confidence that he can deliver any more silverware.
    So he gave you two cup finals in one season, something we haven't achieved in what, 17 years at the time. We were also runners up in league. So the only team that beat is to a treble, was a Celtic side whose budget is 10 times our own, if not more. He lost a good chunk of the squad in the summer, looked to have made some decent signings and unfortunately we ended up having a mediocre season (not disastrous as some folk are making it out to be)... but you wont give him another season ?

A separate matter, I also seen a post on another AFC forum that said we should recruit Steve Clark because he can beat Celtic and Rangers... it seems thats all that matters to some fans. So we take a few points off them and still end up second place, but that would make some folk think it was a successful season because we beat those two ... im almost certain there are those of us in our support who would still give him the dunt, even if we won a cup double, but lost to those two all season. While they are important games, they are no more important than the other 9 teams we need to beat. We talk about how the media purely focus on the cheeks and yet to some of our support, beating them is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I've heard a few people but the support are very apathetic. Particularly the Aberdeen based fans. None of the central belt fans (aberdonians as well) that I know want him here next season.

The fitness levels of a lot of our players is absolutely shocking as well, another thing he needs a shoe-in for.

Another issue
    I agree, I think there is a clear divide between the central belt support and the NE support. While im not saying the 'DM out' folk are all central belt based, but it seems to be predominantly those based there or armchair fans from up this way. I just dont think we are anywhere near a situation where this gathers any pace and it actually happens. The consensus in the ground, certainly around me anyway, is that he is doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    So he gave you two cup finals in one season, something we haven't achieved in what, 17 years at the time. We were also runners up in league. So the only team that beat is to a treble, was a Celtic side whose budget is 10 times our own, if not more. He lost a good chunk of the squad in the summer, looked to have made some decent signings and unfortunately we ended up having a mediocre season (not disastrous as some folk are making it out to be)... but you wont give him another season ?

A separate matter, I also seen a post on another AFC forum that said we should recruit Steve Clark because he can beat Celtic and Rangers... it seems thats all that matters to some fans. So we take a few points off them and still end up second place, but that would make some folk think it was a successful season because we beat those two ... im almost certain there are those of us in our support who would still give him the dunt, even if we won a cup double, but lost to those two all season. While they are important games, they are no more important than the other 9 teams we need to beat. We talk about how the media purely focus on the cheeks and yet to some of our support, beating them is all that matters.

Just out of interest has he ever won a cup double as a manager ? Sometimes I think that the happy clappers would keep him on if we took maximum points from the bottom 6 and nothing from the top 6.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast