+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Struggling

Struggling

I don't want to be a merchant of doom and I'm usually an up beat sort of guy but What will happen if we go up?

Don't get me wrong I will be singing as loud as you all if it happened and it's been said before that if you're not trying to win there's no point in trying.

Will failure lead to an undeserved sacking of Warne and his staff if we struggle?

What type of investment will we need to remain in the Championship?

Will our fitness be enough to get us through the difficult task of 75% possession against us?

Will that away win at Hillsborough be enough of a bonus to keep us happy?

Is promotion a season or 2 too early?

When I saw this I thought you were having problems with your ankle! Let the football take care of itself. If (very big if) we go up we will struggle - no question. promotion is not imo a season or two too early as the fundamentals of our situation will not change over time. Adequate investment is beyond us without 5-7000 new fans or a rich backer. Just enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    When I saw this I thought you were having problems with your ankle! Let the football take care of itself. If (very big if) we go up we will struggle - no question. promotion is not imo a season or two too early as the fundamentals of our situation will not change over time. Adequate investment is beyond us without 5-7000 new fans or a rich backer. Just enjoy the ride.
    I am having trouble with it but I only have 5 weeks before I get my new one

Evo managed to make us just about competitive on a small budget plus some astute loan signings and we had some great games.
    It was the late Warnock decision and Stubbs debacle that's given us the bad memories.

We don't know who the new players might be yet and PW and his team are clearly a better judge of player than his predecessor.
    My view is that its defeatist to be scared of the league above. Can't live like that.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Evo managed to make us just about competitive on a small budget plus some astute loan signings and we had some great games.
    It was the late Warnock decision and Stubbs debacle that's given us the bad memories.

We don't know who the new players might be yet and PW and his team are clearly a better judge of player than his predecessor.
    My view is that its defeatist to be scared of the league above. Can't live like that.
    Couldn't say it better myself mate

Additionally no club can just coast in lower leagues just because they think they don't have a chance in the league above them and to be honest if we don't go up ether this year or next it will damage the club in such a big way money wise and player wise it will make our club suffer both on the feild and off.

It's a common trait that clubs who go up tend to buy best players from play off losers

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

It's very unfair of you and Silly to characterise Frog's comments as "defeatist". He is making a valid point and this constant jumping on people simply puts posters off from contributing to this board.

I’m sure the club will go into the championship with better knowledge than last time (if we go up)

TS mentioned at the forum that they probably went in blind last time (not exact words)

Struggle? I’ll have an opinion when we know we’re up and what players will be starting the new season

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    It's very unfair of you and Silly to characterise Frog's comments as "defeatist". He is making a valid point and this constant jumping on people simply puts posters off from contributing to this board.
    No ones jumping on anyone

I just don't agree that staying in league 1 because we have no neves is a good idea yeah there's gonna be a rough road in championship but if we keep improving our squad and making money in championship premiership may just be a matter of time.

Everyone has a right to a opinion frog makes valid points but staying in a lower league because it's easier is bad for the club. Championship money is good for players and club

I don't buy my season ticket because I'm promised wins monty

Monty I get a feeling that your just trying to cause trouble

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I don't want to be a merchant of doom and I'm usually an up beat sort of guy but What will happen if we go up?

Don't get me wrong I will be singing as loud as you all if it happened and it's been said before that if you're not trying to win there's no point in trying.

Will failure lead to an undeserved sacking of Warne and his staff if we struggle?

What type of investment will we need to remain in the Championship?

Will our fitness be enough to get us through the difficult task of 75% possession against us?

Will that away win at Hillsborough be enough of a bonus to keep us happy?

Is promotion a season or 2 too early?
    I’m sort of thinking the same Frog, would love to go up but wouldn’t want another season like the last one.

TS can’t wing it next time, and I doubt he can supply the budget, an Warne and co could end up being the fall guys

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    No ones jumping on anyone

I just don't agree that staying in league 1 because we have no neves is a good idea yeah there's gonna be a rough road in championship but if we keep improving our squad and making money in championship premiership may just be a matter of time.

Everyone has a right to a opinion frog makes valid points but staying in a lower league because it's easier is bad for the club. Championship money is good for players and club

I don't buy my season ticket because I'm promised wins monty

Monty I get a feeling that your just trying to cause trouble
    Ah, because I take issue with you I'm just trying to cause trouble? interesting viewpoint. You repeat again your comments when neither Frog nor I suggested that the club should stay in L1 because it's "easier" and noone imputed you bought your season ticket because you were promised wins.
    Neither of these points were made by Frog or myself but you - sadly, as usual - jumped on something in an attempt to ingratiate yourself on here. sad stuff.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast