+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: we are safe!but we def need to learn from this season

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Consolidated. Really?
    Hard to disagree with anything ProvieRd said...but you seem to need to...what for???

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Hard to disagree with anything ProvieRd said...but you seem to need to...what for???
    See post 25

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Sorry, am I not allowed to offer an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by DEE1877 View Post
    when you quoted my post I assumed you were talking to me, apologies. I guess you're just going to be a groupie rather than offer any substance to your posts.
    you're deliberately missing the point - Dundee managers get far too much abuse and stick.

We haven’t had many managers with over 150 games in charge, I think Jim Duffy was the last one. That means very little long term planning or stability.

Neil McCanns win rate is higher than Paul Hartleys, and all of his games have been in top league.

All I’ve been pointing out is that despite the doom and gloom around this season from some, it’s actually about an average SPL season for us. We are an average SPL team, so we should have average cup runs but we don’t have them.

Kilmarnock are comparable to us, but they’ve been in top league now around 15 years, won a cup and been in finals.

We need to get behind the manager and whoever pulls on our shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    you're deliberately missing the point - Dundee managers get far too much abuse and stick.

We haven’t had many managers with over 150 games in charge, I think Jim Duffy was the last one. That means very little long term planning or stability.

Neil McCanns win rate is higher than Paul Hartleys, and all of his games have been in top league.

All I’ve been pointing out is that despite the doom and gloom around this season from some, it’s actually about an average SPL season for us. We are an average SPL team, so we should have average cup runs but we don’t have them.

Kilmarnock are comparable to us, but they’ve been in top league now around 15 years, won a cup and been in finals.

Would also point out Nelms record with managers.

The Bomber.....always accept a resignation from a manager especially as the abuse he was getting was beyond reason.

Ph.....correct decision to empty.

NM......stuck by him when pressure was mounting and has proved to be the correct decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post

That's true. Some on here wanted Hartley out on Day One for daring to replace a guy who admitted he didn't think he could get the club promoted. Happy for the current manager, whose received little stick at Dens, to carry on with building his own squad even though he thinks the likes of Simon Murray and Michael Gardyne are worth pursuing. Hopefully no excuses next season.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Sorry, am I not allowed to offer an opinion?
    Of course you're allowed an opinion...just seems to me you are always very negative about McCann not sure why...only my opinion though

Neil Lennon would be an ideal head coach at Dundee.

He likes abuse.

Lennon could bring Sparky, Broono, Scot Allan, Efi Ambrose, Scott Sinclair, Craig Gordon from ra sellik . . and maybe
    Wayne Rooney could play alongside Ginger Murray and El Baktoui ?

Full houses with 8,000 at the Nou Camp as well.
    Last edited by deetox; 10-05-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEE1877 View Post
    That's true. Some on here wanted Hartley out on Day One for daring to replace a guy who admitted he didn't think he could get the club promoted. Happy for the current manager, whose received little stick at Dens, to carry on with building his own squad even though he thinks the likes of Simon Murray and Michael Gardyne are worth pursuing. Hopefully no excuses next season.
    Beyond irony

Quote Originally Posted by deetox View Post
    Neil Lennon would be an ideal head coach at Dundee.

He likes abuse.

Lennon could bring Sparky, Broono, Scot Allan, Efi Ambrose, Scott Sinclair, Craig Gordon from ra sellik . . and maybe
    Wayne Rooney could play alongside Ginger Murray and El Baktoui ?

Full houses with 8,000 at the Nou Camp as well.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)