+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: we are safe!but we def need to learn from this season

we are safe!but we def need to learn from this season

some games/formations/team selection etc were brutal,

next season hopefully the cat calls between management and fans will stop,he is a young manager and still has alot to learn on the plus side i think he managed the players who at times put his job on the line pretty well for a rookie.

not nearly attractive enough to watch esp at home to get another wished for 1000 season tkts thru the gate

the vultures are also circling for Kamara,so lets hope we have learned from the disasterous transfer window that almost put us down,and dont get caught with oor pants down,if its likely he is moving on get a replacement in first

loads o mistakes on and off the pitch this season lets hope we learn fae them

DDYB

Agree Shady regarding recruitment

We have struggled for last 2 seasons after not adequately replacing Hemmngs and Stewart which is what arguably cost PH his job and our wastefullness in front of goal almost cost MCCann his.

However lots to be positive about and hopefully we can move up a level next season

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    some games/formations/team selection etc were brutal,

next season hopefully the cat calls between management and fans will stop,he is a young manager and still has alot to learn on the plus side i think he managed the players who at times put his job on the line pretty well for a rookie.

not nearly attractive enough to watch esp at home to get another wished for 1000 season tkts thru the gate

the vultures are also circling for Kamara,so lets hope we have learned from the disasterous transfer window that almost put us down,and dont get caught with oor pants down,if its likely he is moving on get a replacement in first

loads o mistakes on and off the pitch this season lets hope we learn fae them

DDYB
    I don't understand why the manager gets so much stick. It's not been really fun football but we've 11 wins this season, and a win against partick would be 12. The last time we had 12 wins in an SPL season was 2003. In 1999 and 2001 (good seasons) we had 13 wins.

You have to go back to 1984-1988 for more SPL wins in a season and those were 44 game seasons.

We have under achieved for many years and now we need to be stable and build, some of the crap from the stands is completely unjustified but Dundee fans have always been this way.

Utd are down and staying down, we need to build a bit and attract younger fans and reach some semi finals or finals to get interest. The cups have been a disaster for us for quite some time and I'd like to see focus on winning or getting to the final of the League Cup, too long we've had no success.

I would have supported Hartley exactly the same way but we were going down, McCann has us well away from that.

I hope we keep our better players, changes some things with others and keep progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    I don't understand why the manager gets so much stick. It's not been really fun football but we've 11 wins this season, and a win against partick would be 12. The last time we had 12 wins in an SPL season was 2003. In 1999 and 2001 (good seasons) we had 13 wins.

You have to go back to 1984-1988 for more SPL wins in a season and those were 44 game seasons.

We have under achieved for many years and now we need to be stable and build, some of the crap from the stands is completely unjustified but Dundee fans have always been this way.

Utd are down and staying down, we need to build a bit and attract younger fans and reach some semi finals or finals to get interest. The cups have been a disaster for us for quite some time and I'd like to see focus on winning or getting to the final of the League Cup, too long we've had no success.

I would have supported Hartley exactly the same way but we were going down, McCann has us well away from that.

I hope we keep our better players, changes some things with others and keep progressing.

Good post provie

He doesn't get stick it’s just some of his team selections/substitutions/tactics have been baffling at times.

He needs to learn from them and stop tinkering too much.

Overthinking the game ultimately cost PH his job.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    He doesn't get stick it’s just some of his team selections/substitutions/tactics have been baffling at times.

He needs to learn from them and stop tinkering too much.

Overthinking the game ultimately cost PH his job.
    Shock

Why not do your stats up to the split rather than including bottom six results, might be a better comparison with previous seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by DEE1877 View Post
    Why not do your stats up to the split rather than including bottom six results, might be a better comparison with previous seasons?
    Thought we were in bottom 6 previous seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by DEE1877 View Post
    Because most of the time we’te In bottom 6, plus fair to say the SPL was easier without Rangers, Hearts and Hibs but didn’t go there either.

It was really general rather than tight statistical analysis
    Last edited by ProvieRd; 09-05-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Because most of the time we’te In bottom 6, plus fair to say the SPL was easier without Rangers, Hearts and Hibs but didn’t go there either.

It was really general rather than tight statistical analysis
    You hadn't mentioned Hartley before, why do it now? Time to move on.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)