Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Harkins signs

Gary Harkins signs

Gary Harkins has signed a 1 year contract with Queens - an excellent signing in my opinion and looking forward to his link up with Jacobs and the Dobmeister - Gary is tough midfielder and was outstanding when he played against us for Morton last season.

Always admired him and was always booing him but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Gary Harkins has signed a 1 year contract with Queens - an excellent signing in my opinion and looking forward to his link up with Jacobs and the Dobmeister - Gary is tough midfielder and was outstanding when he played against us for Morton last season.
    The prospect of Harkins linking up with Dobbie is a tremendous situation and to think Queens will now probably have the best two players in the Championship. Mon the South.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    The prospect of Harkins linking up with Dobbie is a tremendous situation and to think Queens will now probably have the best two players in the Championship. Mon the South.
    Man of many clubs - 15 - which includes 3 spells at Dundee. A player who was often lambasted by the Palmerston
    faithful when in the opposition ranks but now when he pulls on the royal blue of the Doonhamers the punters will surely be right behind him - good luck Gaz !

Has to be something wrong here, we have actually signed someone that everybody likes. Other than Dobbie , I can't think of anyone else that has been met with such wide support. Lets hope there are more like this coming .

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasQOS View Post
    Has to be something wrong here, we have actually signed someone that everybody likes. Other than Dobbie , I can't think of anyone else that has been met with such wide support. Lets hope there are more like this coming .
    we now have the best forward and the best midfielder in the league signed up for next season. We also have one of the best central defenders in fordyce so that makes a superb spine to the team. Great signing and finally shows a bit of ambition by the club with the talented Todd also signed up. Well done to the manager for this and for going out and getting players signed early. Something that hasn't happened in a while. Still need a few more quality players in particularly in the full back areas but it's a great start with these 2 additions

Very good signing.My main concern is,will he be allowed to express himself and play to his strengths,given the managers continual negative tactics.

Okay, I'll throw a spoiler into the abounding atmosphere of euphoria over this signing......does this mean that we won't be attempting to sign Joe Thompson for next season ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Very good signing.My main concern is,will he be allowed to express himself and play to his strengths,given the managers continual negative tactics.
    Queens scored a heck of a goals for a supposed negative team.

Nobody is more negative than you. Get a grip

Oh deary deary me !

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Queens scored a heck of a goals for a supposed negative team.

yes we score alot of goals ,and we defo have made a good signings in harkins and todd ,its the defence im concerned about as we leek far to many goals to be fighting it out at the top ,we need to be looking for quality left and rightbacks as priority now and another decent centre defender ,and a left winger

Presumably if we didn't have so many leeks, - the ball wouldn't end up in our onion bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yes we score alot of goals ,and we defo have made a good signings in harkins and todd ,its the defence im concerned about as we leek far to many goals to be fighting it out at the top ,we need to be looking for quality left and rightbacks as priority now and another decent centre defender ,and a left winger
    Harkins is undoubtedly a good player and leaving his home town team where he was Morton's Player of the Year to
    join Queens is a boost for the Doonhamer support. Got to agree though with Francis our defence defo needs a couple of new players for the full - back positions and, hopefully Mr Naysmith is on the case.

Queens finished up third top scorers ( 59 goals ) only four behind St Mirren. We did concede seventeen more than them though but I'm hopeful that having a fit Alan Martin in goals will be a huge help., He played a lot of those games injured last season so hopefully his recent operation settles down and he can kick on .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 10-05-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Solo striker up front at home isn't negative ?
    We've been shocking at home, look at the mass exodus and threads about should he stay or go etc etc

59 goals counted for nothing. We were also the 3rd worst at conceeding and worst full time team.
    It wasn't a good season, don't anyone pretend different.

Back on topic, fantastic signing. Fans don't give the BOD enough credit.
    Good point someone raised about where does this leave the potential signing of Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Solo striker up front at home isn't negative ?
    We've been shocking at home, look at the mass exodus and threads about should he stay or go etc etc

59 goals counted for nothing. We were also the 3rd worst at conceeding and worst full time team.
    It wasn't a good season, don't anyone pretend different.

Back on topic, fantastic signing. Fans don't give the BOD enough credit.
    Good point someone raised about where does this leave the potential signing of Thompson.
    Worst full time team you say ? Falkirk and Morton are full time . Just saying ! Winning two more games than you lose all season is also slightly better than average .

Worst of all the full time teams in terms of the total of goals conceded I meant. The team was more than capable of a top 4 finish. Defence just capitulated after Christmas which cost us.

Naysmith won't find it easy trying to fit Dobbie and Harkins in the same team . Harkins , although very talented, is not a worker and Jacobs/ Todd will have to do a lot of running for him. Please don't think I'm not happy with this signing because I am. We are just going to have to adapt around Harkins to get the best out of him.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/f...-gary-harkins/ Here is a taster of what we should expect fron the Dundee Telegraph from 2 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast