+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying S****horpe Away Tickets Online?

Yep, read it and didn’t refresh. Never mind Dave, give em a shout for me. TV it is.

Plenty of tickets left in the home section. Getting them is easy, you do have to set up an acount but then you can print the ticket at home to avoid any difficult questions.

I imagine they would be wise to that wouldn't they?

This is why a points system will be useful, it staggers tickets being purchased rather than 6000 ST holders all attempting to buy 1600 tickets. I understand the points system bring other difficulties such as people having commitments that makes them unable to travel to away games, I can only go to away games if the mrs has the day off or is working a night shift and the game is nearby, but I still agree a points system needs implementing

Its not about fans being any more loyal, we all have ST were all as loyal as each other, but those that go to Gillingham/Plymouth etc then can't get to Scunny down the road it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post
    This is why a points system will be useful, it staggers tickets being purchased rather than 6000 ST holders all attempting to buy 1600 tickets. I understand the points system bring other difficulties such as people having commitments that makes them unable to travel to away games, I can only go to away games if the mrs has the day off or is working a night shift and the game is nearby, but I still agree a points system needs implementing

Its not about fans being any more loyal, we all have ST were all as loyal as each other, but those that go to Gillingham/Plymouth etc then can't get to Scunny down the road it makes no sense.
    I get your point don but why should people who go to away games all the time get first choice over people who only had cash for 6 away games. mention pensioners or kids/****s who get in half price of adults can afford to go since they only pay half of what adults pay for tickets.

Every year I buy my season ticket with the knowledge that I can get the chance to buy away games as a priority as well as a 15% discount which I use to buy a shirt for the season. If you take that away and only rich people ,kids or elderly can go to games. What’s left to entice new season ticket members 15% discount that’s it

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I get your point don but why should people who go to away games all the time get first choice over people who only had cash for 6 away games. mention pensioners or kids/****s who get in half price of adults can afford to go since they only pay half of what adults pay for tickets.

Every year I buy my season ticket with the knowledge that I can get the chance to buy away games as a priority as well as a 15% discount which I use to buy a shirt for the season. If you take that away and only rich people ,kids or elderly can go to games. What’s left to entice new season ticket members 15% discount that’s it
    I completely understand what your saying. There's a points for both sides for the argument for/against a points system. I regularly miss away games due to having young kids and prioritising days out with them. I just think that if you only went to Donny/Scunny away this season cos its a good day out, on top of the home games, and there's people that have traveled to every corner of the country to watch us and they miss out, it's very, very harsh on them. I was going to say its unfair but that implies they are more deserving of the tickets which obviously is incorrect.

There's no right or wrong answer and people will always be unhappy no matter what due to their own personal circumstances, but yesterday proved that some sort of system needs to be implemented because people queuing from 11:30pm at night is unacceptable

The fans that are actually more deserving are the ones that stick by the team even on the bad days not the ones that only come when we are winning or now in the play offs.
    Last edited by millertop; 10-05-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    The fans that are actually more deserving are the ones that stick by the team even on the bad days not the ones that only come when we are winning or now in the play offs.
    Going on that basis, only the 3k fans that regularly went to DVS for 4 years should get priority then

I don't think anyone is more "deserving" than others. Everyone that got a ticket was a ST holder. Not like people who just attended 4 games this season are going, we're all equally as deserving

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post
    Going on that basis, only the 3k fans that regularly went to DVS for 4 years should get priority then

I don't think anyone is more "deserving" than others. Everyone that got a ticket was a ST holder. Not like people who just attended 4 games this season are going, we're all equally as deserving
    Only fairer way I can think of is all away play off tickets should cost the same reguardless of age

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Totally agree millertop. I haven't managed to get a ticket for Saturday. My dad was in the queue but not quite early enough. They sold out as he got into the club shop after a 4 hour wait, with lots of people bulk buying tickets in front of him in the 'queue'. They should have limited it to 2 or 4 tickets per person in the queue and on the phone/website.

I have been a season ticket holder since the mid 90s and still went to just about every home game before that back to the early 80s, plus probably about 10 away games a season. So that's all the time at Don Valley. I think I missed 1 home match through that dark period. Yet Rotherham United don't see me as a better or more valuable customer than someone that bought a season ticket this season and might not get one next season. If this was a proper retail company (I work in retail), longstanding customers would get VIP treatment, certainly not made to queue up for 4 hours to be told they have sold out. In the company I work for if this happened to one of our valued customers someone at the company would likely be on gardening leave pretty quick.

I agree however that this has to be balanced against young people who haven't had a chance to get the years in I have. There has to be a fairer way of doing it than what happened yesterday.

So at least it is on Sky and I would have been more bothered if the second leg was away and I couldn't see it. The home leg is the important one. UTM!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast