+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next season .......

Next season .......

After hearing from the owners in that statement, I full expect TM & Waggot to fly out to India with a very specific plan.
    The one thing we will not be doing is going up to consolidate. Or simply make up the numbers.
    We are going for promotion. I can't say with an degree of certainty we will go up, but we will be aiming for the the play offs. I realise this will scare the hell out of people who have got used to to the last few seasons. But Sat showed everyone what we capable of. Big crowds, a great stadium, a fantastic academy and a decent side. And a great manger.
    TM knows exactly who he wants. And Venkys will back him. We shan't be spending millions upon millions, but we will strengthen. We will upgrade and of the starting 11 on Saturday, I expect only 4/5 at the very most will start next season. By mid June (exactly like last season) we will have secured 90% of our targets and the bigger signings will be made early. We will have a very very good go at Promotion. Confidence and positivity goes a long way in football. And right here & now we are in a great place. But we can't sit still. We need to move forwards again now, and invest. Strengthen and show everyone who we are. I'll be getting my season ticket in the next week. Roll on next season.
    COYB

I hope so mate because currently as a team we need strengthening as a squad not necessarily the first team but in depth we are quite weak especially with players going back to their parent clubs
    As Warnock proved you don't need a fortune to compete however the correct personal is ***** in the direction we are heading.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)