+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stand up the person (S) responsible for....

Stand up the person (S) responsible for....

...inventing the Richard Wood song and take a bow. I am pretty sure that this song has inspired Woody to score important goals and defend well in the play offs which has all got us back up. The only problem is we will need a new song for him next year unless we get near the play offs. Not only that but a few bob has been made out of the hats for someone.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 28-05-2018 at 12:42 PM.

My old mans a dustman

I'm Spartacus....

Just thinking how many Mum's are despairing that their kids learnt the words yesterday and now singing it

Good point Bramley. There should have been a kids version of it as well like "head the flippin thing back". Its a good job they don't throw people out for swearing at Wembers or they would have had to throw15000 Millers out.Not easy...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    ...inventing the Richard Wood song and take a bow. I am pretty sure that this song has inspired Woody to score important goals and defend well in the play offs which has all got us back up. The only problem is we will need a new song for him next year unless we get near the play offs. Not only that but a few bob has been made out of the hats for someone.
    Its a sheffield united song i dont think the player they sang it about plays for them now..rod currie or somebody may enlighten...

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Its a sheffield united song i dont think the player they sang it about plays for them now..rod currie or somebody may enlighten...
    Barnsley had a version of it they used to sing to Ronnie Moore and Ronnie would conduct them when they were singing it

It isn’t just us that have sung that song

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It isn’t just us that have sung that song
    I didn’t realise it was as old as Moore and Currie but Man Utd fans used to sing it to Roy Keane.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I didn’t realise it was as old as Moore and Currie but Man Utd fans used to sing it to Roy Keane.
    Like redhouse said above Barnsley used to sing it to Ronnie and he joined in, amusing at the time. Like to think Barnsley fans thought it amusing as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast