+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I thought we had finished getting beat this season but..

I thought we had finished getting beat this season but..

Apparently not.
    Myanmar All Stars (no, me neither) 2 Leeds 1
    No match thread either Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Apparently not.
    Myanmar All Stars (no, me neither) 2 Leeds 1
    No match thread either Andrew
    Some things never change Billy..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Some things never change Billy..
    And Dudds retain Premier League football, not fair, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And Dudds retain Premier League football, not fair, is it?
    Yep,all three promoted teams have stayed up,not sure if thats happened before.. Well done Uddersfield.

Come on . It's a jolly for some of the lads and being used a team building exercise (as well as some commercial interest no doubt ) .

How many kidnappings, deaths , political unrest caused by this mini tour so far? (as the trolls would have us believe )

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    Come on . It's a jolly for some of the lads and being used a team building exercise (as well as some commercial interest no doubt ) .

How many kidnappings, deaths , political unrest caused by this mini tour so far? (as the trolls would have us believe )
    You really are a boring tw4t. No-one suggested the tour would CAUSE any of the things you mention, simply that the tour helps legitimize a regime that is considered by the world at large to be responsible for genocide.

Whilst our club was playing a nonentity of a game, the regime continued to kill it's own citizens (have a look at the independent world media, if that lump between your ears that masquerades as a brain of can cope with grown up matters). Lovely place to undertake some much-needed "team building,", lol!

Happy to go to Russia and Quatar for world cups though eh? whats the difference?

Football isnt politics, leave that to the idiots in the suits.....

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    Happy to go to Russia and Quatar for world cups though eh? whats the difference?

Football isnt politics, leave that to the idiots in the suits.....
    Please don't lump me in with others who are "Happy" about either Russia or Quatar

And no, not happy to do either and I wouldn't, if of course I was fortunate enough to be able to afford to make that choice!.

Russia is run by a set of recognised sporting cheats and I suspect the fans who go to support the home nations will suffer at the hands of the animals that purport to be Russian football supporters.

Quatar is only hosting the competition because it bought it, and has systematically exploited foreign workers (to the point where deaths on site are now regarded as a fairly commonplace occupational hazard), in addition to (probably) requiring modifications to the rest of the worlds footballing seasons in order to mitigate the effect of the searing temperatures at the point in the sporting calendar when the competition would normally be held.

And "Football isn't politics"....are you so naive, or just teasing??? Footballing politics have dominated how the game has been governed at national and international levels since before Sky emerged to flood the sport with their "largesse". FIFA presidents have used their position to dole out favours to their cronies in return for "considerations", and the incumbent is actively pursuing plans to usurp the World Cup with an equivalent world club competition, BECAUSE THATS WHERE THE MONEY IS, sweet f00k all to do with SPORT!

"Football isn't politics"!!!! Rank nonsense, and I suspect you know it.

History and politics are two subjects which interest me immensely, and i could talk with you about all the world´s problems at length if you should wish.
    Football is for me, as im sure it is for many one here (and many down the years also), an escapism, a modicum of fun for the weekend, a chance to forget all the other degenerate stuff being perpetrated by the human race on a daily basis.

Why so serious all the time? you should get a life, maybe get laid?

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    History and politics are two subjects which interest me immensely, and i could talk with you about all the world´s problems at length if you should wish.
    Football is for me, as im sure it is for many one here (and many down the years also), an escapism, a modicum of fun for the weekend, a chance to forget all the other degenerate stuff being perpetrated by the human race on a daily basis.

Why so serious all the time? you should get a life, maybe get laid?
    Playing the game is exactly as you portray it, and whilst I was ever able to do so I enjoyed it immensely, even if I was never a "good loser". Football as being followed as a spectator, I'd agree is escapism to an extent, but it exists in the real world and however much you might like to ignore that, it's simply not possible. Going to a game, watching the guys on the pitch, yes, all as you describe, but......how many times down the years have tribal politics been responsible for all kinds of things NOT associated with what is going on at the time on the pitch? And at the risk of being accused of repetition, modern day football is bound up inextricably with politics, (with a small and big "P"), so the trip to Burma IS political, and our club shouldn't associate itself with something as blatantly commercial (for ANOTHER company). What has happened here is that for pure "external" commercial benefit (we're "not getting paid" for these matches), our club (it is after all nothing without it's supporters) has been dragged through the press for all the wrong reasons, again. Is it really so hard to work out a tour or pre-season that we get some positive news about? I mean, even the games are looking like train-wrecks and of no benefit in any sense to Leeds United (unless Radrizzani were to pledge any profit from resulting media sales activity are ring-fenced for Leeds? As if!

And as for being serious, no I'm not, all the time, (laid or otherwise), just wish that we had an owner and minions that felt anywhere near as passionate and supportive of Leeds United Football Club as the fans are, and acted accordingly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)