+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I thought we had finished getting beat this season but..

i think you need to give it some time WTF, this owner has only been in charge for 1 season, already we are paying more than we have since the ridsdale era for players (wisely or not is another Q), and a level of spending that matches promotion aspirations of previous clubs that have gone up, sure some mistakes have been made, but the current ownership has a long way to go to match the likes of Bates and GFH for ineptitude imo, be a Little patient.

That's exactly my point.....If you and I, and a few thousand others, can see what mistakes have been made in the past, why SHOULD we accept that Radrizzani can make much the same mistakes now?

I don't care how MUCH he spends, any fool can spend a LOT of money and get f00k all for it, we have been down that route before. I care WHAT he spends his money on. Buying ER back, fantastic, for the fans and the business. Buying the dross that currently clogs up our boated and misaligned squad, bl00dy stupid, and he was the one signing the cheques, so as per Harry Trueman, "the buck stops" with the owner, no matter how foolish he was in relying on Victor Orta as scout.

As for the tour, why? To do what? Achieve what? Many of the players that might be familiar to audiences abroad aren't there, the preparation for the next season will not be served by the tour as it is in conditions that simply don't prepare players for the season here, and it's too far away from seasons start. The only implied answer is because it serves Radrizzanis media sales aspirations, and by further implications, Leeds United is regarded as a sales aid, not a football club.

And it seems I'm not the only one to be less than satisfied with what we are doing in the Far East;

https://www.footballfancast.com/cham...-season-defeat
    Last edited by WTF11; 10-05-2018 at 11:39 AM.

WTF, I'm with BB on this one. don't see any sign that this owner is anywhere near the bates, gfh debacles.

I think if you look at the clubs that have done well in English football the last decade unless you have some reprehensible foreign corporate robber baron, oil sheik, russian mobster or some asian tong exec the only way to play it is the "long game". we've done a wonderful job in beefing up our youth academy and have working arrangements worldwide. obviously, a lot of them have not panned out but we are one year in. are we better off future wise than we've been in a decade? I think so. If two or three of our youth move up next year (not out of the question) and we sign a couple of solid championship players we could be a solid contender.

I do think we need a proven winner as a coach and that's going to take some money and recruiting effort. that's likely the toughest challenge we have off season.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    WTF, I'm with BB on this one. don't see any sign that this owner is anywhere near the bates, gfh debacles.

I think if you look at the clubs that have done well in English football the last decade unless you have some reprehensible foreign corporate robber baron, oil sheik, russian mobster or some asian tong exec the only way to play it is the "long game". we've done a wonderful job in beefing up our youth academy and have working arrangements worldwide. obviously, a lot of them have not panned out but we are one year in. are we better off future wise than we've been in a decade? I think so. If two or three of our youth move up next year (not out of the question) and we sign a couple of solid championship players we could be a solid contender.

I do think we need a proven winner as a coach and that's going to take some money and recruiting effort. that's likely the toughest challenge we have off season.
    Spaldy, I didn't suggest Radrizzani was in that mould, simply that for an intelligent, media-savvy person, he seems not to be learning from their mistakes, and less than mindful of the effect of what he does on the fans than he should be. And if you look elsewhere (the "Challenge" thread for instance), you'll see the "long game" is exactly what I'm suggesting, and the youth squads are exactly as you describe, so good news on that front for sure.

As for coaching staff, agree, but who would come to Leeds now, no matter what inducements were offered?

Anyway, this thread is about the tour and what we, Leeds, are getting out of it. Answer is not a great deal either footballing-wise or directly of commercial benefit, (unless as I said before, Radrizzani pledges any profit from media sales deals to come to the club, ring-fenced). In terms of PR (supposedly something Radrizzani excels at) it's been a f00king disaster and the game against the national team isn't likely to rescue it.

And further fans reaction to the latest statement from Radrizzani.....

https://www.footballfancast.com/cham...anmar-comments

Ok, it's only tweets and sh1t like that, but jeeus cheeeerist wouldn't it be nice just once to have something good in the press and being tweeted, particularly now we are out of the hurly-burly of the season and what we do is much more within our own control?
    Last edited by WTF11; 10-05-2018 at 12:11 PM.

and the point i was making , is not about the rights and wrongs of a meaningless couple of games in the middle of nowhere, but about your NEED to get seriously bent out of shape about it. You sound like one of these Corbyist student who wants to pull down Nelsonīs column ffs....

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    and the point i was making , is not about the rights and wrongs of a meaningless couple of games in the middle of nowhere, but about your NEED to get seriously bent out of shape about it. You sound like one of these Corbyist student who wants to pull down Nelsonīs column ffs....
    I don't need to get "bent out of shape", or anything else, about this or other Leeds-related subjects and contrary to what you might think, I'm perfectly calm when posting and responding. I have an opinion, about the tour and many other things related to Leeds United. I express them, and usually (unless its Jimmy, for whom I'm always happy to make an exception), my responses remain focussed on the matter the opinion relates to, and the responses I get, isn't that what a forum is all about?

Billy made the opening remark in this thread, and I agree with the implication in it, that we seem unable to get out of the habit of being beaten. The fact that we get beaten by a team that is less than "impressive" themselves simply makes the tour as a whole even less "valuable" than it was ever made out to be, in footballing terms, which is supposedly (according to our owner) what we are there for. Then we get into the other matters discussed earlier, it really is all related.

As for Nelsons column, I'l be there on the barricades to protect it, that I WILL get bent out of shape about!

Any idea what the line up was for this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Dunno, and funnily enough,my opening post was intended to be actually ABOUT the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Pretty much all youth players with Saiz (as captain) and Lonergan I think

For the starting 11 "Leeds Tyrants" encouraging the woes of the world (see below):

Lonergan
    Hosannah
    Denton
    Diaz
    Struijk
    Rey
    Nicell
    Grot
    Saiz (C)
    Machuba
    Dalby

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)