+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield survive...

Attitude is probably the main thing they've all got ability otherwise they wouldn't be where they are it's the attitude that decides how far they go in the game,and that's not so easy to pick for his checks on players cw got it as wrong as you can get with Wilson

Bloody minefield I tell thee

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Attitude is probably the main thing they've all got ability otherwise they wouldn't be where they are it's the attitude that decides how far they go in the game,and that's not so easy to pick for his checks on players cw got it as wrong as you can get with Wilson

Bloody minefield I tell thee
    Best steer clear of Man Utd,Wilson joins Twiss and,Cofie in the makes you shudder list,the one lad from them who looked in anyway decent Joe Riley injured himself crashing into the goalposts

Tony Currie, Ted Hemsley, Gil Reece, John Flynn, Billy Dearden, Eddie Colquhoun, John Tudor

All signed from lower leagues or in reserves etc

Not saying this is the way forward and they don’t all come good as we all know.

They did ok though didn’t they.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    No they can't. Anyone can see we are lacking in numbers that can comfortably play top end Championship football. They are slow in thought and action. They don't anticipate either with or without possession. Their ball control under pressure is inadequate. Their passing is often telegraphed and inaccurate.
    You can instruct someone all day but everyone has an upper limir and we have too many who have reached theirs.
    But I suppose as long as they wear red and white they are cuddly so it dosen't matter as long as they do as well as they can. Bless them.
    I'd hate to have you as my manager SBT - give players belief and encouragement and they will flourish in my cloud cuckoo world....

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    I'd hate to have you as my manager SBT - give players belief and encouragement and they will flourish in my cloud cuckoo world....
    It might be me, but I can't recall anyone pointing out how technically crap our players were when we were briefly top of the Championship.

I think theres a bit of idealism here. All successful teams have a blend of technical skill and hard work, but more than anything it is belief and a burning desire to succeed that makes you a winner.

there not crap fkb their an excellent set of players many from the lower leagues just think a bit more quality in certain areas would get us in the top 6 again next season once again over to our board

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    there not crap fkb their an excellent set of players many from the lower leagues just think a bit more quality in certain areas would get us in the top 6 again next season once again over to our board
    I wouldn't deny that, but the quality I'd be looking for in the back 5 would be a bit more strength and leadership. Its not all about technical skills on the ball.

yeah probably right there fkb mind i rate stearman and think he could be an excellent captain would be him or coutts for that role imo but im sure chris will be looking for another centre back and competition for enda at lwb 2 defenders and goalkeeper is minimum we require at the back plus a physical type and pacy type of striker we might get away with 5 midfield is our strongest area imo

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    not a dig SOB - just don't know what it means - players already proven in the Championship? reminds me of Jordan Rhodes and Britt Assombalonga.............you can waste a lot of money in this division. Would prefer 2 or 3 of our Div 1 purchases to improve - which I think they can - anybody can under the right instruction
    I'd like to have Assombolonga at BDBL,i rate the fella.I know he aint had a gr8 season but he's scored plenty at this level but he's probly out of our reach financially unless Boro win play offs and they loan him out to us(CHEAPLY,very Cheaply) UTCB

Is it only me but I'm fed up of teams surviving in the Prem on 38 points or less.

I get so angry !!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast