+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So if rafa loves the toon so much

So if rafa loves the toon so much

When des he walk away from the negotiations with ash

last season he said he wanted players in early
    i would think he does this close season

so when does he stop arguing with and taking ashlys money if things dont happen quickly
    can we go into another season uncertain of rafa staying
    his public arguments with ash
    and the instability that brings

when does he say to ash you know what im sick of arguing and begging get someone else in
    im off, for the benefit of the team and the club get someone else in ,in time for pre season
    pss pay me my contract up

It'll be interesting to see what really transpires from all this.
    A few days after the end of the season should give us all much more clarity on what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    When des he walk away from the negotiations with ash

so when does he stop arguing with and taking ashlys money if things dont happen quickly

when does he say to ash you know what im sick of arguing and begging get someone else in
    im off, for the benefit of the team and the club get someone else in ,in time for pre season

when des he walk away from the negotiations with ash

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You know what, this is actually a relevant and fair question. (Having said that, given your love of winding folk up by slating Rafa, P'boro, you can see why the last two posters are responding as they have-reap what you sow and all that)

But, back to the question (ignoring the title of the thread as that's the bit designed to wind people up), I think we'll see something happen very early next week if he can't get the assurances about what he wants to be able to spend. There will come a point where his frustrations will make him walk away-he knows what it will take to get us to progress, he knows the potential of the Club and he knows how he can achieve this so why should he settle for less? He's earned the right to ask for certain assurances and we all know if he doesn't get them we'll face another season of struggle and I think it's clear from what he's said that he's not prepared to do that again.

So , as for the tipping point you're asking about, I think it's about to happen. He'll want to go somewhere where they trust his judgement and experience and let him do the best job he can by backing him properly (I don't think he'll be asking the earth in terms of money for players) and he'll want a full pre-season to work with his squad whether that's our squad or another. Plus, it must be hugely unsettling for him-as it would be for any of us making big decisions about our future-not to know where he'll be in the next couple of months never mind years so that will be a factor too.

Important days ahead for us-and Ashley holds the key.

Rafa has always made it clear that he would finish this season and from then on make sure he gets what he needs in terms of money for transfers for next season, and if not he'll likely walk. This has never been a secret. So to answer the OP-question; he will leave if he realizes he cannot get what he wants - and early.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    You know what, this is actually a relevant and fair question. (Having said that, given your love of winding folk up by slating Rafa, P'boro, you can see why the last two posters are responding as they have-reap what you sow and all that)

But, back to the question (ignoring the title of the thread as that's the bit designed to wind people up), I think we'll see something happen very early next week if he can't get the assurances about what he wants to be able to spend. There will come a point where his frustrations will make him walk away-he knows what it will take to get us to progress, he knows the potential of the Club and he knows how he can achieve this so why should he settle for less? He's earned the right to ask for certain assurances and we all know if he doesn't get them we'll face another season of struggle and I think it's clear from what he's said that he's not prepared to do that again.

So , as for the tipping point you're asking about, I think it's about to happen. He'll want to go somewhere where they trust his judgement and experience and let him do the best job he can by backing him properly (I don't think he'll be asking the earth in terms of money for players) and he'll want a full pre-season to work with his squad whether that's our squad or another. Plus, it must be hugely unsettling for him-as it would be for any of us making big decisions about our future-not to know where he'll be in the next couple of months never mind years so that will be a factor too.

Important days ahead for us-and Ashley holds the key.
    i honestly feel he cant hold a gun to ashlys head again like he tried last season
    it didnt work for either party

i would give him two weeks to either be happy with what might happen and he realises he will get a little money and like lastt season make the rest up from internal sales

if not move on
    admit he wont win against ash and let someone else come in

or just shut up and get on with it

i honestly feel he cant hold a gun to ashlys head again like he tried last season
    it didnt work for either party

i would give him two weeks to either be happy with what might happen and he realises he will get a little money and like lastt season make the rest up from internal sales

if not move on
    admit he wont win against ash and let someone else come in

or just shut up and get on with it
    So you're admitting Ashley won't back him with the money the club has generated as promised but still try and make Rafa out to be the problem

I would say Rafa will be off in the next month

Fatty won’t even speak to him he’ll use his glove puppet Charnley to do his dirty work

So let’s bring on the next bargain basement manager to work within the crippling constraints imposed on him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    I would say Rafa will be off in the next month

Fatty won’t even speak to him he’ll use his glove puppet Charnley to do his dirty work

So let’s bring on the next bargain basement manager to work within the crippling constraints imposed on him.
    Then the inevitable flood of our better players leaving.

I think we'll know where we are at end of May.

Transfer window finishes early next season so won't be able to arse about last minute in sept.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)