+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So if rafa loves the toon so much

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    90% or so season ticket holders support Rafa and what he has done. A few don't like his football, but accept what he has achieved with no backing from Ashley.

No one wants Ashley at the Club.

If Rafa leaves, it will be because MA has failed to back MA. Everyone will know that is the reason he will leave.

Season ticket renewals are due in June. Rafa knows It, as does Ashley

Ashley blinks first, puts up 80m. Rafa buys well and we challenge for top 10. Rafa leaves, after not being backed, "modern" manager- no money, we lose momentum- relegation

That's how I see it.
    only 90 percent

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    90% or so season ticket holders support Rafa and what he has done. A few don't like his football, but accept what he has achieved with no backing from Ashley.

No one wants Ashley at the Club.

If Rafa leaves, it will be because MA has failed to back MA. Everyone will know that is the reason he will leave.

Season ticket renewals are due in June. Rafa knows It, as does Ashley

Ashley blinks first, puts up 80m. Rafa buys well and we challenge for top 10. Rafa leaves, after not being backed, "modern" manager- no money, we lose momentum- relegation

That's how I see it.
    Spot on, Stan.

Ashley is a clown as far as I am concerned.He is sat on a gold mine here and imagine if we ever did win anything.Rafa is the best thing to happen to this club in years and he looks like trying to mess it up.
    Love Rafas style or not you can't help but notice the man is pure class.Just been reading about the letter he sent to the tragic local boxer who passed away after a fight.Sent a signed shirt to drape over the coffin at his funeral as well.
    It's a long time since things like that or similar have been coming out of the club.
    It's not down to Ashley.Its down to Rafa.I fear for us if Rafa leaves this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Ashley is a clown as far as I am concerned.He is sat on a gold mine here and imagine if we ever did win anything.Rafa is the best thing to happen to this club in years and he looks like trying to mess it up.
    Love Rafas style or not you can't help but notice the man is pure class.Just been reading about the letter he sent to the tragic local boxer who passed away after a fight.Sent a signed shirt to drape over the coffin at his funeral as well.
    It's a long time since things like that or similar have been coming out of the club.
    It's not down to Ashley.Its down to Rafa.I fear for us if Rafa leaves this summer.
    ...aaaand another good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Great post.

If Rafa does leave i think it'll be a a long hard season that will have us around relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    season ticket renewals are sorted in February if youre on the price freeze deal, which is why I cancelled my renewal then. I believe I still can renew sometime between now and June, but it will be at an increased monthly rate as I've obviously not made the 1st 3 payments.

I have zero trust or faith in Ashley, so my cancellation stands!
    I'm on the yearly deal. Due to start again next month.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    only 90 percent
    ....or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Great post.

If Rafa does leave i think it'll be a a long hard season that will have us around relegation.
    why do you say this
    it has been a long hard season under rafa

it was a long hard season under mcclaren

we need a manager who realises who and what he is working with

like many managers at many clubs do
    brighton,burnley,huddersfield bournemouth look at the managers at lincoln and many many more

young managers
    who do want to do what rafa says he wants build a club make their clubs great

but do it under the constraints of what the club and owner gives

thats what we need
    rafa doesnt say anything new to anyone when he keeps bleeting on

just find out what he is or isnt getting ande either move on or stay and try and over a long time make the club great

get the young uns comng through
    keep ythe club in the prem if poss short term

rafa doesnt say anything new to anyone when he keeps bleeting on

the irony.

his gola trainers etc are made here

im amzed no one from here has tried starting a stall up like he did
    become succesfull and a billionaire
    buy the toon
    and run it how he hasnt
    Perhaps the root of the problem is that we have an owner who is not a Newcastle fan and he sees the club in a very different way that most of us do. I don't agree that he isn't a good business man - it's just that he isn't a football man nor know enough about the business of football.

It's also true, though, I often wonder how many of our supporters expecting him to dish out 100's of millions ( none on here as far as I know, by the way) would do the same if in his position. However, not building from the position we are in now is a big mistake and if Ashley doesn't do it then he needs to get out of this business for good.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)