+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shopping List

Shopping List

Well the retained list is out.How many new signings do we need ? What positions?
    Personally I think 4/5 ?
    2 fullbacks
    2 forwards
    Plus maybe Paul Green in case Jonah is sold in the January window (which I believe is what has being agreed if a decent offer comes in they would let him go)
    Thoughts everybody and name suggestions

Well if the press is to be believed Green has almost signed and Dusty Miller wants to as well.

Given that the current squad, including scholars, is 25 that would bring us up to 27 so I don’t reckon there will be money in the coffers for many more!

Based on the previous season full backs are the highest priority, although we do have Pixie and Perry who are more than adequate there. If Jonah, Wintle and a Green are vying for CM places then will Pixie get a look in there? In which case he should be LB as he is far too good not to be playing. Similarly at CH we have Nolan and Gorgeous George in competition with Perry (and Raynes) for the places. A nice position to be in!

I suspect that a forward to augment Bowery, Miller (if signed), Porter and Reilly will be a priority, but wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of 6 month loans to fill some of these gaps whilst Reilly and others develop.

And no mention of Walker and Lowery Aston.

Its unlikely we will get an influx of fullbacks, perhaps someone who can play across the back 4 to cover injuries is a requirement, I think Nolan was supposed to be that player until DA realised he couldn't be left out of the team, now he and Ray are first choice at CH. NG and Pickering are too good to be left out of the team which means we have our full backs so with a tight budget its unlikely DA will be bringing in more fullbacks. It looks like Green and Miller will be added to the squad, there may be 1 other but that is probably it.

With Green signing that’s the midfield sorted still feel we need a dedicated left back and if Miller signs one more striker would be enough
    Probably a couple of young loan players and we’re ready to go

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    And no mention of Walker and Lowery Aston.
    Exactly, Jimmy. They won’t be starters and at least one of them will struggle to see the bench much!