+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stavely

name me any owner who is honest

they cant be they are running buisness
    things change

there are so many factors in the football buisness that almost make any future planning impossible

none that stop them planning ti improve what they already have.

isn't that the premise of all businesses?? to improve.....

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    none that stop them planning ti improve what they already have.

isn't that the premise of all businesses?? to improve.....
    yes it is

but here is the point i try to make

if we go out and get a player to say replace dummet
    we spend 12 mill doing so
    what gaurantee do you have that he will be better than dummet when actually in the team playing in the prem
    you dont so how is that an improvemnt
    footy as i say isnt like anyother buisness
    its a buisness almost like trading is in the banking buisness
    its not like anyother buisness normal

if i go out and buy a new machine to cut and prep my windows
    i know what that can do its mechanical it is programmed it does what it sasy on the box
    it will need a little maintainace occasionally and it may break down the odd time
    but generally i can guaranteee that machine will perform as i expected in the majority of cases and improve my efficency and production capacity

look at the players we have brought even this season

has any of them improved us

the only one that has we dont wown we are hiring it

and if we do go out and buy 4 players
    which we probabaly will
    we arent guaranteed we will improve our league position

so why gamble with our finaces
    Last edited by pboromag; 11-05-2018 at 10:41 AM.

So if you could buy an equivalent of an Eden Hazard at a bargain/sensible price to replace any one of ours who play similar position would you not take him.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Put it this way. If someone bought us who ran the club the same way as Ashley but was honest and communicative with the fans then I would see that as an improvement worth having.
    Are you telling me that only Ashley as a businessman in football is dishonest at times?

As for communicating. Tell me where and what should he say that fans will openly accept it and simply not walk away calling him the usual liar and all vile names he's become accustomed to?

Surely you do not believe anyone running a football club in this day and age is all honest.
    And if you think this club is running fine except for Ashley being a liar and you'd like someone honest to do exactly the same, then how does that honest person do any different?

It's baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    she hasnt any money
    she is using other peoples money

300 mill isnt the start from owning us
    she will need half a billion

buy the club invets in the team

200 mill over 2-3 seasons

not like we have assets we can sell
    no big nmae stars

a manager on huge wages

hardly any way of increasing revenue other than the tv money
    we sell out already every week

we may sell a few extra shirts

ground naming rights maybe

500 mill yo maybe get into the europa league and with it the fixture congestion and increased aqud size in regards to depth of squad
    Errmmm Advertising around the ground..£10-12m a year over 11 years that would be...

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Are you telling me that only Ashley as a businessman in football is dishonest at times?

As for communicating. Tell me where and what should he say that fans will openly accept it and simply not walk away calling him the usual liar and all vile names he's become accustomed to?

Surely you do not believe anyone running a football club in this day and age is all honest.
    And if you think this club is running fine except for Ashley being a liar and you'd like someone honest to do exactly the same, then how does that honest person do any different?

It's baffling.
    That's the biggest load of horse sh!t I have ever read,posted by a supposed Toon fan.
    Honestly if I was a mod I would ban you forever,gan to the match on Sunday() and say that to any fan over the age of 16 and see what they think.
    I know you get off on winding people up but some of us actualy care about the club and have strong feelings,so could you just kindly stop posting this **** or just fu ck off...

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    That's the biggest load of horse sh!t I have ever read,posted by a supposed Toon fan.
    Honestly if I was a mod I would ban you forever,gan to the match on Sunday() and say that to any fan over the age of 16 and see what they think.
    I know you get off on winding people up but some of us actualy care about the club and have strong feelings,so could you just kindly stop posting this **** or just fu ck off...
    He’s never been to a match in his life man just a total knob end.

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    C'mon now Ash, tell us how you REALLY feel about this fu*cker !

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    C'mon now Ash, tell us how you REALLY feel about this fu*cker !
    I think he's starting to warm to him!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)