+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sell the May...

Same old stick sinkov.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    But not anti-semitic, I leave that sewer for Labour Party members to swim in.
    Do you mean the Jewish Labour Movement sinkov..?

http://www.jlm.org.uk/about

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Unfortunately the "mainstream" you refer to sinkov are xenophobic, institutionally racist, misogynistic nutjobs.

Trump exemplifies the breed perfectly.
    Same old stick BT. Two can play at that game.

I celebrate the fact that we are all unique and have different ways of looking at things.

No doubt many on here will simply not understand why I am so pro Europe, anti Trump, a Lib Dem etc etc and will probably call me an extremist. Fair enough.

I firmly believe that leaving the EU will reduce our standard of living and we will become a more nationalistic and insular nation - and I don't think this is healthy for many reasons.

And many of you are looking to Trump as a role model for how to run our country - and I strongly disagree. His current approval rating in the USA is very poor - perhaps we should factor this in?

I agree that I have never witnessed a worse Government and opposition at the same time as we have at the moment...and I believe that the Lib Dems are well placed to bounce back in the near future.

I also welcome the fact that it gives us good grounds to debate these issues - Vive la difference!

A bad thing is that people are so entrenched in their views right now that they are unwilling to look at facts with an open mind.

Brexiteers and Remoaners are akin to Burnley and Blackburn fans with both sides being generally inflexible.

I truly believe May is just a puppet and a very bad one.The people who pull her strings-and nearly all the other politicians strings from both parties-are against Brexit and will never allow it to happen.The silent majority in this country should have woke up and rallied on Parliament the first time this was revealed during the negotiation process with the EU.It is now too late.We have been witness to the biggest pantomime in history-all the actors playing their parts perfectly and it all adds up to the betrayal of an electorate.
    A quote springs to mind "The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode their rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions. In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which those changes can be reversed"

Maybe as Farage predicted there will be Brexit but only in word.

I hope you are correct CIB, but you are sounding paranoid to me.

Brexit was always going to be on the terms laid down by the other 27 remaining members of the organisation, even though they were not known at the time of our referendum.
    We went into Brexit blind because no plans had been made so we have had to 'busk' it.
    It soon turned into a political feud and this was playing right into the hands of the 27 who realise that they are negotiating with a divided nation who were already in a position of weakness because of those commitments which we already have agreed to.

So here we go on with the fight, as time moves on apace, and it matters not what is finally agreed because it will not favour us. The EU are sweating on other countries leaving the organisation, therefore, the harder they deal with us the more it will make others consider their options.

So here we are with just 322 days to go until we leave the EU and not one of us knows what, if anything, has been achieved. Bear in mind that a trade deal with Canada has taken over 7 years in the making and the fact that we have just 2 years to negotiate leaving the EU looks pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I hope you are correct CIB, but you are sounding paranoid to me.
    59/60, if you think CiB is being paranoid because he doubts we will not achieve the clean break from the EU that 17 million people voted for, then you cannot be following events very closely.

Sinkov, we are leaving the EU. That is what people voted for. It will happen.

But we will continue to trade with Europe (there may be some who believed that leaving the EU would mean we wouldn't) and it is the new trading deal with Europe that is causing so much angst.

Custome Union or not? Some Brexiteers want one, others don't. There are "discussions" going on. Some say that if we remain in a Customs Union we have not left the EU. Others say it is essential that we stay in a Customs Union otherwise our trade will take a massive hit and the Irish border issue will become a major problem.

We are leaving.

To suggest that the cabinet are working on a deal to stop Brexit is just nonsense.

To any Prime Minister: (background ,the master poet-seer Kumara Vyasa posed the following questions in his Kannada revelation of the devotional and moral splendour of the Mahabharata. These are questions we must make every ruler answer,

Are you giving due reverence to that which is beyond your abilities to comprehend and to wisdom and to experience?
    Are you refraining from distressing your subjects just to balance your finances?
    Are you sure, your subjects’ hunger-fires are not being fanned by of the fickle caprice of wicked men?
    Are you sure, your promises are not mere words? Is your currency reliable?
    Are you sure your army is well equipped and not merely posturing?
    Are you sure, business and commerce is not encroaching what ought to be free?
    Are your ethics not eroding?
    Are you not underestimating your enemies?
    Are you generous with your support to the good and the honest people?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)