+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: May the best team win!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    So I should just accept it should I ? We had to run the gauntlet not you . I had to wipe the saliva of my sons back not you . I had to calm him down when we got back to the car not you . He doesn't want to wear his shirt at away games anymore but it is me who's trying to reassure him not you .Don't you dare tell its not a fcuking tea party you prick.

ps. If my son doesn't want to go anymore then I would understand . We would just have to find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. It wont happen because he's Notts daft ( a bigger fan than I was at his age ) but if that's the future , and I have seen several incidents at away games in the past few seasons that worries me , well I would be more than happy if he walked away from Notts.
    Sorry to hear that happened, Navy. Aggro like that is never acceptable, but it's disgusting that they went for it in front of your kid. I had a fair walk to the car through Cov fans and opted half way through to take my shirt and scarf off. It pained me to do so, but it's just not worth it really. They have that 'big club' chav element for sure, and they'll no doubt behave like complete dickheads on Friday, whatever the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    For some reason I feel the need to apologise for the dick heads who kicked off with some of you guys after the game!
    Those of you who I saw/spoke to were decent people who were there, like most of us, for football & nothing else.
    Please don’t let the few ruin your opinions of Coventry & it’s supporters, the majority of us are decent honestly!
    Actually hate this young, chavvy following we are getting. It’s pathetic!

Hope there is no trouble in the return fixture from our idiots. You’re a good old club and I respect that.
    You don't have to feel the need to apologise mate , like you said all clubs have them ( though we do seem to have more than most ). My raw emotion is turning more to anger now. As you know the away fans are housed in the south stand .When we came out there was a baying mob of Coventry fans separated from us by a flimsy barrier . I asked a police officer which way we should go as we were parked in the retail park. He directed us to the underpass . My mistake for thinking a 55 year old bloke and a kid would be ok but I thought we had left the 80's behind . Not a question for you I know but why isn't the underpass policed ? I did think about reporting what happened to us to West Midland Police but what's the point . It wasn't a hate crime or an allegation of historical ***ual abuse. Me, my lad and nephew have booked a hotel near Wembley for the play off final . If Notts didn't make it we were still going to go and hopefully get tickets. We will still be going down to London mate but finding something else to do. I can't wish you good luck.
    Last edited by navypie; 13-05-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Sorry to hear that happened, Navy. Aggro like that is never acceptable, but it's disgusting that they went for it in front of your kid. I had a fair walk to the car through Cov fans and opted half way through to take my shirt and scarf off. It pained me to do so, but it's just not worth it really. They have that 'big club' chav element for sure, and they'll no doubt behave like complete dickheads on Friday, whatever the result.
    Thanks slack. I best leave it now though, some on here might be placing more importance on my grammar.

You don't have to feel the need to apologise mate , like you said all clubs have them ( though we do seem to have more than most ). My raw emotion is turning more to anger now. As you know the away fans are housed in the south stand .When we came out there was a baying mob of Coventry fans separated from us by a flimsy barrier . I asked a police officer which way we should go as we were parked in the retail park. He directed us to the underpass . My mistake for thinking a 55 year old bloke and a kid would be ok but I thought we had left the 80's behind . Not a question for you I know but why isn't the underpass policed ? I did think about reporting what happened to us to West Midland Police but what's the point . It wasn't a hate crime or an allegation of historical ***ual abuse. Me, my lad and nephew have booked a hotel near Wembley for the play off final . If Notts didn't make it we were still going to go and hopefully get tickets. We will still be going down to London mate but finding something else to do. I can't wish you good luck.
    How old were these lads? I take my lads to Away games and it can be edgy at the best of times and situations arising like that don’t help.

The walk back towards Tesco and surrounding area is a regular hotspot(s) for trouble, the police seemed short of resource las night and a bit disorganised but who knows. There were a number of groups of Cov lads looking for trouble after, very disappointing and no doubt helped along by the full day of drinking.

Its crap tho ain’t it! You would like to think you will be fine now days. It’s chavvy dickheads in stone Island gear thinking they are ‘well ard’
    I’m ashamed they attach themselves to our club!!

Thought your fans were loud and enjoyed the night (inside the stadium) sorry it turned sour. I still wish your club good luck for the future (excluding Friday obviously lol)

I still remember us staying in the top flight thanks to you boys years & years ago and have watch your results ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    We aren’t all dickheads.

Banter and humour is all good but it should stop at intimidation and violence. There will be no doubt over 5k Cov fans in the ground on Friday and for sure there will be a few hundred chavs, hooligans etc but most of us are no different to u lot.

I’ve experienced difficult situations myself this season, namely at Mansfield afterwards and also at Lincoln - both times our troublemakers weren’t in the vicinity. So I know how uncomfortable it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cov1 View Post
    How old were these lads? I take my lads to Away games and it can be edgy at the best of times and situations arising like that don’t help.

The walk back towards Tesco and surrounding area is a regular hotspot(s) for trouble, the police seemed short of resource las night and a bit disorganised but who knows. There were a number of groups of Cov lads looking for trouble after, very disappointing and no doubt helped along by the full day of drinking.
    Didn't get the chance to ask them how old they were whilst they were gobbing at and issuing threats towards us.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    Its crap tho ain’t it! You would like to think you will be fine now days. It’s chavvy dickheads in stone Island gear thinking they are ‘well ard’
    I’m ashamed they attach themselves to our club!!

Thought your fans were loud and enjoyed the night (inside the stadium) sorry it turned sour. I still wish your club good luck for the future (excluding Friday obviously lol)

I still remember us staying in the top flight thanks to you boys years & years ago and have watch your results ever since.
    Good man.

So I should just accept it should I ? We had to run the gauntlet not you . I had to wipe the saliva of my sons back not you . I had to calm him down when we got back to the car not you . He doesn't want to wear his shirt at away games anymore but it is me who's trying to reassure him not you .Don't you dare tell its not a fcuking tea party you prick.

ps. If my son doesn't want to go anymore then I would understand . We would just have to find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. It wont happen because he's Notts daft ( a bigger fan than I was at his age ) but if that's the future , and I have seen several incidents at away games in the past few seasons that worries me , well I would be more than happy if he walked away from Notts.
    Notts have just as many idiots as Coventry

No we don't

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast