+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under 17 games question

Under 17 games question

Are we getting any money by holding all these games?

I'm wondering how long it will be before the only white player in the England team will be the goalkeeper.

Seen some French U17 teams and that was the case with them.

I think whites, Asians and Chinese people are being under-represented.

The first non-white England player was mixed-Chinese, Frank Soo in the England WW2 war-time team.

No Asian has played for England since then.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I'm wondering how long it will be before the only white player in the England team will be the goalkeeper.

Seen some French U17 teams and that was the case with them.

I think whites, Asians and Chinese people are being under-represented.
    Maybe the Chinese and Asian's are underrepresented fire because they are actually shyte at football .

Another question , and I'm sure it's obvious ! But how have England qualified when we appear to have a worse goal difference than Switzerland ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Maybe the Chinese and Asian's are underrepresented fire because they are actually shyte at football .
    Or maybe they don't get a chance?

Like with basketball in the USA, because there are so many good black basketball players, white basketball players don't get given the chance.

But in Europe where white basketball players are given a chance, there are some good players, and these are the ones who end up in the NBA, when certainly there are white American basketball players as good as if not better than them.

With it being the England team though it's important that all children feel like they could represent their country one day not just the ones with an African background. Otherwise they'll take up other sports instead.

2011 census has blacks as 3.5% of the population of England but 9 out of 11 players (8 at the start) in today's game, that's a huge over-representation.

When blacks are under-represented in any occupation there's certainly always a huge outcry.
    Last edited by great_fire; 10-05-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Yes, and I wonder how many of them are gay?

FFS is this 2018 or 1918? Ever contemplated the impossible fact that the players making up these teams might just be in there because they are the best?

The most disturbing thing about the England team for me is that one of them was actually wearing gloves ffs!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Yes, and I wonder how many of them are gay?

FFS is this 2018 or 1918? Ever contemplated the impossible fact that the players making up these teams might just be in there because they are the best?
    How long before the first transgender self-identifying bloke turns out for the England womens team?

Looks to me as though that description fits half the team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast