+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alan Sheehan

Alan Sheehan

Copied this from the Facebook group 'Notts Country Supporters'

"Just thought I would share this with you all. After the Luton game i joined their fan page and shared a photo a video I got of them. This was one of the comments

Ryan, I was at the end of season dinner last night and was sat on table with Alan Sheehan.
    He said the standing ovation he received from your end when he went to take our first corner brought a tear to his eye.
    You could see by the glint in his eye when talking about County that it is a club that has a very special place in his heart."

Brilliant player.. and that penalty at Oldham 🖤🖤

And which idiot allowed him to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    And which idiot allowed him to leave?

That’s Trew !

Always thought he was a cracking player for us, but wasnt he the main instigator in trying to push Trews hand in giving out better contracts to the players who narrowly avoided relegation to league 2?

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    Always thought he was a cracking player for us, but wasnt he the main instigator in trying to push Trews hand in giving out better contracts to the players who narrowly avoided relegation to league 2?
    He was, and that annoyed RT, it was his club and he could do what he wanted so he elbowed Sheehan, took his ball off him and went home and sulked.

He said at the time that he would love to stay but there were still "cowboys behind the scenes" that didn't want him there. He then stated categorically that he got on very well with the Trews which left Guy "Rhys Sharpe is the best left back in the world" Branston as the main candidate for blocking his return.