+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Goteborg Day

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    No we’re not, unless you don’t count the Super Cup. That would be highly unusual for an Aberdeen fan

Hamburg min, Hamburg.

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    Me too.

First game I ever remember watching on telly as a kid. The commentary at the winning goal is unforgettable.
    Ditto I was 9 and was allowed to stay up to watch it & My Old Man hated Fitba

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Being beaten by a better team.
    And beating basically the German national in the quarters who in 82 reached the world cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    No we’re not, unless you don’t count the Super Cup. That would be highly unusual for an Aberdeen fan
    Indeed Real were beaten in what became an annual jamboree friendly for years in Monte Carlo for rich and famous, twice I think, anyway, I do not think that can compare with what went before it in regards of a Euro final......but hay hoh........trolly dolly.......enjoy Gothenburg day, I certainly will and most of it will not be on here.

SF

Hamburg min, Hamburg.
    Ah

I see what you mean.

Comparisons are not necessary.

It maybe wasn't the best Real Madrid team of all time but they were still good enough to get to a European Final.

For any doubters, check out the teams that went into the quarter final draw.

Bayern Munich
    Paris Saint Germain
    Austria Vienna
    Inter Milan
    Barcelona
    Real Madrid
    Waterschei
    Aberdeen

Also remember that we went on that year to beat the winners of the European Cup.

and Bayern had pumped Spurs 5-1 in the previous round.

It's our Football Club Dinner tonight - when the "loyal" toast is given I'll be raising a glass to something far more important!
    Last edited by dons8321; 11-05-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    and Bayern had pumped Spurs 5-1 in the previous round.

It's our Football Club Dinner tonight - when the "loyal" toast is given I'll be raising a glass to something far more important!
    What club is that?

I eventually ended up missing the Aberdeen one last night unfortunately as the chaps said it was a good laugh.

McLean got ppoty which is the most important one imho.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    What club is that?

I eventually ended up missing the Aberdeen one last night unfortunately as the chaps said it was a good laugh.

McLean got ppoty which is the most important one imho.

SF
    It's Alexandra Park FC in London

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    It's Alexandra Park FC in London
    Never seen them, a few of my “younger” mates still play down in London and when I’m at Ashburton Grove I tend to take in a game at amateur level and tbf, mostly the standard is very good.

Hae a richt guid nicht and raise a glass to the once michty on this special day 👍

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Never seen them, a few of my “younger” mates still play down in London and when I’m at Ashburton Grove I tend to take in a game at amateur level and tbf, mostly the standard is very good.

Hae a richt guid nicht and raise a glass to the once michty on this special day 👍

SF
    Cheers, will do. Next time you're down this way you're more than welcome to drop in and have a beer or two at the Club - usually got 2 or 3 real ales on the go. As for the standard our 1s aren't bad whereas our 10th team are pretty crap but enthusiastic!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast