+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Happy Goteborg Day

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    35 years ago tonight since I staggered fae my flight hame, what a hoor o a hangover, still got match ticket and programme which I got signed later by Rougvie, Hewitt and Black.
    Spent near £400 for that 3 days, and was only earning around £80/£90 a week.
    Worth every penny though lads.
    Stand Free '83
    Must have been on the same flight, min. I didn't get back to Aberdeen until about this time on the 12th.....

Proper mannies want to see teams like Aberdeen win the European cups. Its the Barca top wearing, £100m transfer wanting, Ronaldo/Messi : who's better, £90 a ticket, SKY Sports/BT, transfer deadline day w@nkers, that want the so called "big" clubs winning it. The game is dictated by money and the romance of winning these cups was replaced by boring ass finals, with boring ass clubs, in front of 50,000 VIP w@nkers, who aren't even there to support either of the teams in it. Utter junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

That's why the ECWC was the best tournament and much missed
    The CWC was brilliant. As you say, so many unusual winners back in the 70's and 80's. Although I still love European fitba and our participation - probably because it's still a homage to back then - it's true, it really is f@@ked up now and totally corrupt. Personally, I'm prepared to put up with it (just) for away trips and the occasional experiences like sleeping overnight in the RDS concourse for Madrid tickets, getting f@@king hammered in Madrid, watching the Rijeka and Siroki away legs in the pub .... beats f@@k out of League Cup qualifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Must have been on the same flight, min. I didn't get back to Aberdeen until about this time on the 12th.....
    Was pissed aff when I heard about the celebrations in toon the day after, went to the Hibs game a couple o days later, we hammered them that day but just missed out on winning the league, then the cup final against the Huns the following week, Christ them was good days.
    Last edited by seeyazander; 12-05-2018 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Mis-spell

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Was pissed aff when I heard about the celebrations in toon the day after, went to the Hibs game a couple o days later, we hammered them that day but just missed out on winning the league, then the cup final against the Huns the following week, Christ them was good days.
    Would literally cut of my right arm to have lived through that era. Thankfully its all on youtube with awesome cheesy tunes to boot. Not the same than physically being there, but it does explain why so many of our older fans are grumpy b@stards these days... i envy you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Would literally cut of my right arm to have lived through that era.l.
    Absolutley this

Would literally cut of my right arm to have lived through that era. Thankfully its all on youtube with awesome cheesy tunes to boot. Not the same than physically being there, but it does explain why so many of our older fans are grumpy b@stards these days... i envy you all.
    That's not why I'm grumpy. Blame McNumpty and his big game bottling instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Absolutley this
    An older boy at work often tells me about what it was like back then. Said he considered buying a house outside Hampden as we were there so much . Beating the OF regularly, dominating the ECWC for almost 2 full seasons... he said he never fully appreciated it for what it was. There was a feeling of immortality that was short lived and has not even come close to being emulated since.

Some fans of other clubs accuse these sort of gentlemen of living in the past, but is it any wonder. What an era, what an incredible set of players and most of all what an incredible manager. Even though i was never old enough to remember it, i can still appreciate it and would pray for anything that remotely resembles a smidgen of it.

Proper mannies want to see teams like Aberdeen win the European cups. Its the Barca top wearing, £100m transfer wanting, Ronaldo/Messi : who's better, £90 a ticket, SKY Sports/BT, transfer deadline day w@nkers, that want the so called "big" clubs winning it. The game is dictated by money and the romance of winning these cups was replaced by boring ass finals, with boring ass clubs, in front of 50,000 VIP w@nkers, who aren't even there to support either of the teams in it. Utter junk.
    Mega like.

When your joints creak , when you can't find your reading glasses when hangovers last three days , when your remaining hair is falling out or turning white is having been there enough.

too fcking right it is.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast