+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT: Trump moves the world nearer to Nirvana

OT: Trump moves the world nearer to Nirvana

A couple of months ago it seemed that Trump's approach to North Korea was about to bring WWIII with missiles flying and ships deployed.

Since then the NKs have joined in the Winter Olympics, their leader has stepped over the threshhold with South Korea and vice-versa, holding hands, Kim Yong-Un has met people outside of his country, the US Secretary of State has held top level meetings in North Korea and brought back 3 detainees, time clocks have been synchronised and a meeting is scheduled between the US of A and North Korean presidents.

So looks to me a catastrophic situation is heading towards a win-win and Trump and his men may not be as stupid as they sound.

Discuss.

Forecasts suggest that the talks will be protracted with NK seeking the complete removal of all sanctions probably plus, a finacial aid package.

Analysis I've seen suggests that talks may continue well beyond the Trump administration.

The bottom line I think, is that NK is literally on it's uppers and simply cannot continue with sanctions in place, NK is in talks because it HAS to, not because of Trump IMHO, he just happens to be in place at the right time.

KIJ, played a blinder, accelerating his rocket tests to raise the apparent urgency in the region just when he needed to.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 11-05-2018 at 08:30 AM.

My view is that this has always been North Korea's plan, to enter negotiations for peace, but they wanted to build up their weapons first, so they have a bargaining chip and don't get walked over. When Trump started escalating things, it gave them the perfect excuse to build up as well, and now they can back up any threats they'd like to make, to get themselves a better deal. So yes, in my view Trump has helped, but not in the way he thinks... that's just my take on it though, I could well be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie_Scribe View Post
    My view is that this has always been North Korea's plan, to enter negotiations for peace, but they wanted to build up their weapons first, so they have a bargaining chip and don't get walked over. When Trump started escalating things, it gave them the perfect excuse to build up as well, and now they can back up any threats they'd like to make, to get themselves a better deal. So yes, in my view Trump has helped, but not in the way he thinks... that's just my take on it though, I could well be wrong.
    Or you could say that Trump's bellicose stance forced North Korea to exceed their abilities and break their program and finances.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    A couple of months ago it seemed that Trump's approach to North Korea was about to bring WWIII with missiles flying and ships deployed.

Since then the NKs have joined in the Winter Olympics, their leader has stepped over the threshhold with South Korea and vice-versa, holding hands, Kim Yong-Un has met people outside of his country, the US Secretary of State has held top level meetings in North Korea and brought back 3 detainees, time clocks have been synchronised and a meeting is scheduled between the US of A and North Korean presidents.

So looks to me a catastrophic situation is heading towards a win-win and Trump and his men may not be as stupid as they sound.

Discuss.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2qIXXafxCQ

MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    Hallelujah! I'm convinced. Get him in for tomorrow's pre-match team talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Hallelujah! I'm convinced. Get him in for tomorrow's pre-match team talk.

Trump won't get much praise on here even if it was down to his hard stance.

He does likes the smell of **** spirit - allegedly.