+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Come on Derby.....

We will have more of a chance of going through if we press them, at least in our defensive third of the pitch and I would hope in our half of the pitch. I doubt they will be as poor shooting-wise again on Monday. Because we didn't do a lot of pressing or chase the game last night I don't think we will suffer from the same 2nd half "jetlag" we did at Villa recently following the all out effort against Cardiff 4 days earlier.

We're aren't a bad away side, I can see us getting a goal! Their defenders haven't got the pace of our forwards!

Got my away tickets today so all up for the test on Monday you Rams...

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    We'll need a goal at the Cottage, can Davies and Keogh hold that centre ground?? Cairney had total control in the 2nd half, he'll need sorting!!
    Tremendous effort from the Rams, what have they got left??
    This is the problem imo, mac. Is there enough left in the tank to produce such an effort again within just three days?
    Quite why the matches have to be played so close together with a twelve day wait then for the final seems a reasonable question but it’s not going to change now so...hey ho.
    Last night was one of those rare occasions when I’d have given virtually every player at least an 8/10 and it was good to see Forsyth and BJ back to something like their best.
    Oddly the only player who seemed ‘off it’ last night was Vydra. Just didn’t seem able to make an impact. Depending on how the second leg goes I’d be inclined to revert to bringing him on for the last half hour on Monday.
    Anyway...we’ll see...as long as we see the same effort and commitment on Monday I’ll be proud, if not necessarily happy.

P.S. DCFCA...proper supporters never bet against their own team however financially tempting.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 12-05-2018 at 09:25 AM.

I got my tickets this morning. Had to register on their website and only seats I could get were corporate at £190 each.

They have to score which could play in to our hands as we play well on the break. Front four has pace to burn but we need to chose our final ball better.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    This is the problem imo, mac. Is there enough left in the tank to produce such an effort again within just three days?
    Quite why the matches have to be played so close together with a twelve day wait then for the final seems a reasonable question but it’s not going to change now so...hey ho.
    Last night was one of those rare occasions when I’d have given virtually every player at least an 8/10 and it was good to see Forsyth and BJ back to something like their best.
    Oddly the only player who seemed ‘off it’ last night was Vydra. Just didn’t seem able to make an impact. Depending on how the second leg goes I’d be inclined to revert to bringing him on for the last half hour on Monday.
    Anyway...we’ll see...as long as we see the same effort and commitment on Monday I’ll be proud, if not necessarily happy.

P.S. DCFCA...proper supporters never bet against their own team however financially tempting.
    I'm not convinced DCFCA is a proper supporter. Based on all his negativity I suspect he is an undercover red dog

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I'm not convinced DCFCA is a proper supporter. Based on all his negativity I suspect he is an undercover red dog
    I was questioning that seeing as he betting against us to lose which is preposterous.

Not a fan of the club it seems....

Quote Originally Posted by Ramspudnik View Post
    I was questioning that seeing as he betting against us to lose which is preposterous.

Not a fan of the club it seems....
    Wow...now look what I’ve gone and done...’I’ve only gone and got ‘Old Parky’ and Ramspud to agree...that’s all!
    The Nobel Peace Prize beckons...eat your heart out Donald Trump!

Be fair rA, Spunky was agreeing with me, that doesn't mean to say that I was agreeing with him!! Rifle is still locked and loaded here after his insensitive comments about my disability and late wife.....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Be fair rA, Spunky was agreeing with me, that doesn't mean to say that I was agreeing with him!! Rifle is still locked and loaded here after his insensitive comments about my disability and late wife.....
    A Disability shouldn’t stop you doing what you love doing Geoff and plus I highly doubt your late wife has died, you just made it up for a pun to make people feel sorry for you that’s all and make your comments go in your favour.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)