+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best result tomorrow?

Best result tomorrow?

Genuine question but what is the best result tomorrow - a low score win or a draw?

The obvious answer would be a win. However, I think that if we had a narrow lead from the first leg, we would more likely to sit back and protect what we have, whilst Coventry could be fired up with a 'nothing to lose' attitude.

If we are playing the 2nd leg with a draw, it is black and white (pardon the pun) in that we know what we need to do.

Or am I just talking bullocks?

Win em both, jobs a good un. Seriously though, I’m really nervous that Notts will blow it. Hope not but seen it happen too often this season.

Quote Originally Posted by JulesGouls72 View Post
    Genuine question but what is the best result tomorrow - a low score win or a draw?

The obvious answer would be a win. However, I think that if we had a narrow lead from the first leg, we would more likely to sit back and protect what we have, whilst Coventry could be fired up with a 'nothing to lose' attitude.

If we are playing the 2nd leg with a draw, it is black and white (pardon the pun) in that we know what we need to do.

Or am I just talking bullocks?
    Let's try the third option - a high score win.

2 cup finals coming up hopefully followed by a 3rd, would take a draw tomorrow night and banish the ghosts of the opening day... Yeovil rattled 6 in there just a short while ago so I hope the boys have no fear... our home form has been very good so tomorrow could be pivotal

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Let's try the third option - a high score win.
    Seriously though folks, the bookies have us as the least likely to win promotion. Could this be because having played the other three teams twice, these team's managers have us sussed out as a long ball team and will adjust their tactics to suit? This one-dimensional play may have come back to bite us on the bum. It looks to me as if the bookies think so.

Seriously though folks, the bookies have us as the least likely to win promotion. Could this be because having played the other three teams twice, these team's managers have us sussed out as a long ball team and will adjust their tactics to suit? This one-dimensional play may have come back to bite us on the bum. It looks to me as if the bookies think so.
    Sorry Laxton, but you don't seem to understand the way the bookies operate. The bookies don't think anything, they don't give a flying f*ck who goes up, if they have done their job properly they will make a profit whichever of the four teams win the final. A couple of them have Exeter as the outsiders, and a few others rate us as having an equal chance to Exeter.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...ue-2/promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Sorry Laxton, but you don't seem to understand the way the bookies operate. The bookies don't think anything, they don't give a flying f*ck who goes up, if they have done their job properly they will make a profit whichever of the four teams win the final. A couple of them have Exeter as the outsiders, and a few others rate us as having an equal chance to Exeter.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...ue-2/promotion
    You know much more than I do about the way bookies operate, EP, all I know is what I've read on these forecast sites and what the ones I've read forecast. Some of these bookies must be almost human and have calculations based on more than just current form.

For what it's worth, EP, I can't make head nor tails of that link.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 11-05-2018 at 08:08 PM.

So we will get Promoted
    We will win 2-1 tomorrow evening and draw the Meadow Lane clash
    Beat Exeter in the final 3-2 at the new Wembley
    And gain promotion to division one
    Next

Well we could argue Lincoln haven’t beaten us and the other two teams we have won and lost in both games so none of them have had the upper hand over us.

BUT as we all know the play offs are a different ball game if honest I’d be well happy with a draw tomorrow.

Some of these bookies must be almost human and have calculations based on more than just current form.
    That's pretty much my point. The bookies don't need any calculations other than the one where they pay out 90% of what they take in.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast