+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks For The Memories Adam

Thanks For The Memories Adam

Found it difficult the second time around at the club in the championship I'll readily concede , however .

I still remember that spell he had before he joined Wolves when he seemed to score a worldy almost every other week .

His second spell in league one is legendary , he more or less picked the team up by the scruff of the neck and ALMOST single handily won us the JPT and promotion back to the championship , his two Wembley goals will go down in folklore .

Thanks for the memories Adam lad , one of the most exciting players I've seen in a red shirt .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVz-CwRnk8

Totally agree mate. Cheers Adam

Such is the reality in today's so called football world

Devastated that he’s going! A legend who should be staying & passing on his skill & attitude to others

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Found it difficult the second time around at the club in the championship I'll readily concede , however .

I still remember that spell he had before he joined Wolves when he seemed to score a worldy almost every other week .

His second spell in league one is legendary , he more or less picked the team up by the scruff of the neck and ALMOST single handily won us the JPT and promotion back to the championship , his two Wembley goals will go down in folklore .

Thanks for the memories Adam lad , one of the most exciting players I've seen in a red shirt .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVz-CwRnk8
    If that video dunt put a smile on any Barnsley fans face there's summat wrong. Bloody pleasure to watch. He's got his knockers on here and I understand why but those goals, skill, heart, effort and memories he leaves us with are wonderful. He'll be missed at this club. Im convinced he has this club in his heart, he's one of us. Good luck to him and thanks for those memories Mr Hammill

Like I/we have already said and it needs saying again.. its a flipping disgrace this if the owners have pushed Hammill out of the door without the offer of any sort of contract. Im hating everything about this plan now, and the insistence on under 25s only and that players can only be signed if they have an end sell on value. Its a recipie for further disaster!.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    If that video dunt put a smile on any Barnsley fans face there's summat wrong. Bloody pleasure to watch. He's got his knockers on here and I understand why but those goals, skill, heart, effort and memories he leaves us with are wonderful. He'll be missed at this club. Im convinced he has this club in his heart, he's one of us. Good luck to him and thanks for those memories Mr Hammill
    Adam had an arrogance about him that I like , in some footballers or in other walks of life it can be a detrimental thing .

When he was in a red shirt he backed it up , the big games he turned up and delivered , this lad didn't bottle it at Wembley in fact it was his playground , revelled in it .

Flawed character in some respects but you take that as part of the package that comes with certain extremely talented footballers .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 11-05-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Remember after our debacle at Altringham, the very next match was at home to York in the Jpt and Adam had just joined us again initially on loan. I also believe he single handedly won us that match that night, and he played probably the biggest part in our amazing turnaround that season, and the rest is/was history in the making.

What have we got to lose here eh in offering him a chance to stay on for another half or maybe even a full season depending on if we're doing well. Unless hes gone too far and said or done something wrong behind the scenes then ok, and none of us are privvy to that sort of information anyway are we.
    And as for him going too far in the pub on Sunday and being ordered to leave, well what does that really matter eh!.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Adam had an arrogance about him that I like , in some footballers or in other walks of life it can be a detrimental thing .

When he was in a red shirt he backed it up , the big games he turned up and delivered , this lad didn't bottle it at Wembley in fact it was his playground , revelled in it .

Flawed character in some respects but you take that as part of the package that comes with certain extremely talented footballers .
    Agree with every post about his skill and passion, but to hark back to another post somewhere this week; the “Co(k of the school” eventually moved on.
    We will ALWAYS remember this guy, his goals at Wembley amd his passion.
    Can we ALL remember the guys name who scored in 1912?
    Nah... thought not.
    Or the scorers against Ipswich at Wembley in the Play off final we lost under Bassett...?
    Nah....thought not
    But Hammil will live with us all until we die.
    I hope there’s a turn around on both sides.... I hope the new regime recognise the esteem in which Adam is held by the supporters, and the fact that perhaps Adam will accept a role that may not exactly be a “full playing role”
    If this board want to demonstrate the slightest Willingness to connect with the fans of this club, and want in any small way to retrieve what they as owners have already ( in a VERY SHORT TIME) lost as regards trust and cooperation in their custodianship of this club, then they will afford Adam the contract amd opportunity to lead this club back to the Championship.
    I’m pretty sure, if he did that, he would walk away content that he had done his last job for us.

If the Owners, Bean counters, and French serving Maids aren’t willing to engage the fans, then we will be in a Blackpool, Blackburn Coventry situation very soon.

But maybe that will suit them
    Last edited by Jules88; 11-05-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Remember after our debacle at Altringham, the very next match was at home to York in the Jpt and Adam had just joined us again initially on loan. I also believe he single handedly won us that match that night, and he played probably the biggest part in our amazing turnaround that season, and the rest is/was history in the making.

What have we got to lose here eh in offering him a chance to stay on for another half or maybe even a full season depending on if we're doing well. Unless hes gone too far and said or done something wrong behind the scenes then ok, and none of us are privvy to that sort of information anyway are we.
    And as for him going too far in the pub on Sunday and being ordered to leave, well what does that really matter eh!.
    In some ways it makes him human acido and not some plastic footballer that are ten a penny these days .

Wears his heart on his sleeve , sometimes that can bite you but personally and because I'm cut from the same cloth I get him .

I'd have gone out on sunday if I'd played my last game for a club I loved and had the connection he had and had a proper drink , feck it and what happens within reason happens .

I'd be more scathing of some tw@t sat at home counting his money drinking water and couldn't give a feck .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast