+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks For The Memories Adam

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    In some ways it makes him human acido and not some plastic footballer that are ten a penny these days .

Wears his heart on his sleeve , sometimes that can bite you but personally and because I'm cut from the same cloth I get him .

I'd have gone out on sunday if I'd played my last game for a club I loved and had the connection he had and had a proper drink , feck it and what happens within reason happens .

I'd be more scathing of some tw@t sat at home counting his money drinking water and couldn't give a feck .
    Damn right!! He had every right to feel like that., his passion, unlike some wasn’t an act.....

( sent via torchlight from Somewhere in Bradfield by a Res)......

Are you feeding your new doggy a load of beers eh Jules ?. lol
    Careful, he might be ordered out of a pub for ungentlemanly conduct on a Sunday night, and we cant have that now can we.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Careful, he might be ordered out of a pub for ungentlemanly conduct on a Sunday night, and we cant have that now can we.
    If we'd had any kind of team spirit the whole fecking squad would have got kicked out of a boozer in mapplewell on sunday night .

I'm old skool , you win together and you lose together but ultimately you are together .

Been there, done that.....
    Derby, Sunday night 2200. Brunswick pub...
    Ended up, Me, wife plus dog supping with Landlord, and 4 other Wednesday fans...... ( yes you couldn’t make it up] ....
    He’s well versed, even at 5 months in the art of laying down in hostelries !

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    If we'd had any kind of team spirit the whole fecking squad would have got kicked out of a boozer in mapplewell on sunday night .

I'm old skool , you win together and you lose together but ultimately you are together .
    Sometimes though, when you’ve given your all, and you look back amd realise that not everyone has...... you just feck off and have to go it alone. Or there will be trouble.
    Maybe “wit” was actually “in”

Aww youve changed the avatar Jules, I laughed at the dog trying to sup a pint of John Smiths. Thats what we Yorkies are made of isnt it (even though I sup lager instead by the way! ). Whats worse for you though, mingling and boozing with Fowl Wendies or with the Dogend Hudders ?.

Animal, I love hearing about our fans memories of Gerry Taggs, and his nights out in the local pubs, and that means a lot to me when players are happy to do that sort of thing. Yes ok they have got to be professional in the build up to a match within the next few days for example, but any other time for me is fair game for a good bit of mingling and boozing together lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Sometimes though, when you’ve given your all, and you look back amd realise that not everyone has...... you just feck off and have to go it alone. Or there will be trouble.
    Maybe “wit” was actually “in”
    Aye fair point , it's a selfish game at pro level and very different to when I kicked a ball in local football .

Aww youve changed the avatar Jules, I laughed at the dog trying to sup a pint of John Smiths. Thats what we Yorkies are made of isnt it (even though I sup lager instead by the way! ). Whats worse for you though, mingling and boozing with Fowl Wendies or with the Dogend Hudders ?.

Animal, I love hearing about our fans memories of Gerry Taggs, and his nights out in the local pubs, and that means a lot to me when players are happy to do that sort of thing. Yes ok they have got to be professional in the build up to a match within the next few days for example, but any other time for me is fair game for a good bit of mingling and boozing together lol.
    The 96/97 squad were legendary in the going out stakes , nobody to touch em .

Best team we've ever had but it's important in my opinion at a club like ourselves .

Times have changed and attitudes but sometimes I think it's over done , a bad result so get out on the pyss midweek and sort it out instead of this fecking nampy pamby sports psychologist's and sports scientists malarkey .

I'm old skool as I say but football isn't a one size fits all game .

Our squad are all under 25 , feckin hell , what's going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    .. Can we ALL remember the guys name who scored in 1912?. Nah... thought not.
    Or the scorers against Ipswich at Wembley in the Play off final we lost under Bassett...?. Nah....thought not..
    By the way Jules.. YES of course I can name our scorers in those games.
    Wasnt it Harry Tuffnel who scored the only goal of the Cup Final in '12 which went to an extra time replay (and SB & Roma were both there as kids that day lol).
    And wasnt it Craig Hignett who scored both of our goals in the '00 Play Off Final (although the first goal might be classed as an own goal by their keeper Richard Wright).

But then again, Im just annoying with details like this aren't I.

Im all for players drinking but not before matches. Kevin Keegan was once asked about Fowler n' Mcmanaman going out whilst at Man City. He replied something along the lines of if they turn up for training and are fit for selection I couldn't care less what they get up to.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast