+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Csaba is an absolute disgrace

is that list no just personal opinion on fitba? everyones entitled to their own opinion but football's subjective. 1 manager might love 1 up front others wont. its all comes down to the manager

houston loved his zonal marking.
    jackie had two DM's
    mixu wanted to play out from back
    Ray played 1 up top

every manager is different. im not defending CL i think he needs to be removed aswell but i think it just comes down to personal opinion by the manager. every manager will have something that annoys fans but it does depend on how much they get results and performances which CL hasnt done much of.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Log View Post
    But what is your opinion based on?

The folk who want the manager out are basing their opinion on what they've seen with their own eyes since November.

• 1 up front
    • everyone back at corners
    • taking short free kicks continually
    • no plan at attacking set pieces
    • attempting to play out from the back
    • no plans at throw ins

I don't see how you can blame the players for any of these. A bit of direction and organisation from the manager in these areas would have seen us in the play-off final with a fighting chance of getting promoted. IMO
    Each point in turn.

1 up front with a number 10 in behind and two wide men. Hardly like it's 9 on the 6 yard line in front of tge Shed and a striker at the back row of the East Stand. Saying 1 up front doesn't give the whole picture.

Everyone back at corners is a tactical choice. When you have players that are so weak at defending crosses I would try to load the box also.

Short free kicks were not continual. Many teams use short free kicks to retain possession rather than play the percentages.

No plan at attacking set pieces is your opinion and your previous point suggests that the plan was to play short free kicks so which is it? A plan then no plan?

Attempting to an out from the back. Again that js a strategy designed to retain possession. Where it fails in when players stop moving off the ball.

No plans at throw ins. Again is just your opinion. And again requires intelligent movement from players.

But as you said. It's all IMO.

I'm basing my opinion on what I have seen since November also. Am I disappointed we didn't go up? You bet I am. Am I disappointed at some of the performances? Hell yes.

But I blame the players more than the manager.

He didn't stop trying to tackle Falkirk players, he didn't shirk his responsibilities in tracking runners. He didn't decide to move off the ball only when he could be arsed. He didn't ignore the red card challenge on Ralston against Livi like the players did. Some teammates right there!

Everyone has made their judgement on Csaba. It's all opinions.

My opinion is to judge him on what he does next. And that appears to be the club's opinion also.
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 15-05-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have heard from inside the dressing room that nae chunt has got a clue what he is on about,what is really alarming is senior players have pointed this out to the BOD yet he is being kept on by them.

Spot on

Add to the list above his awful game management, as we seen last Monday

Really is a bewilderingly poor decision keeping this clown on, what a way to get everyone on side eh?

Only Portuguese Frank and TTT seem happy with this across all Utd forums including teks, east football and the p&b arabs, I'm assuming social media is the same, aswell as anyone else I've spoke to at games or in general about Utd

No stability of any positive kind is going to come from this, shyte for us and shyte for the club

I would like to know what Csabas plans were.

Then i remembered i dont have 27 minutes to waste listening to p!sh

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    I would like to know what Csabas plans were.

Then i remembered i dont have 27 minutes to waste listening to p!sh
    Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Each point in turn.

1 up front with a number 10 in behind and two wide men. Hardly like it's 9 on the 6 yard line in front of tge Shed and a striker at the back row of the East Stand. Saying 1 up front doesn't give the whole picture.

Everyone back at corners is a tactical choice. When you have players that are so weak at defending crosses I would try to load the box also.

Short free kicks were not continual. Many teams use short free kicks to retain possession rather than play the percentages.

No plan at attacking set pieces is your opinion and your previous point suggests that the plan was to play short free kicks so which is it? A plan then no plan?

Attempting to an out from the back. Again that js a strategy designed to retain possession. Where it fails in when players stop moving off the ball.

No plans at throw ins. Again is just your opinion. And again requires intelligent movement from players.

But as you said. It's all IMO.

I'm basing my opinion on what I have seen since November also. Am I disappointed we didn't go up? You bet I am. Am I disappointed at some of the performances? Hell yes.

But I blame the players more than the manager.

He didn't stop trying to tackle Falkirk players, he didn't shirk his responsibilities in tracking runners. He didn't decide to move off the ball only when he could be arsed. He didn't ignore the red card challenge on Ralston against Livi like the players did. Some teammates right there!

Everyone has made their judgement on Csaba. It's all opinions.

My opinion is to judge him on what he does next. And that appears to be the club's opinion also.
    The main point being the points I listed happened game after game with very little success. These are things that can and should come directly from the manager.

As for the free kicks, i said attacking set pieces to differentiate from free kicks in our own half.

Throw ins - I was really meaning there was clearly no plan to utilise them as an attacking method. It's not difficult to perfect the art of the long throw.

Overall, Csaba probably realised the players weren't great before many of us did. The problem is he persevered with the indirect, possession based football that wasn't working. He either could not or chose not to, change the way the team played to maximise our chances of getting out of this league.

I get that you blame the players, I do too but I blame the manager just as much. I've still not seen you make a case for keeping him. Stability and letting him build his own squad is not a reason

Quote Originally Posted by The_Log View Post
    letting him build his own squad is not a reason
    I prefer to judge a manager once they've had a chance to build their own squad.

Therefore, it is indeed a reason.

Csaba should be punted. I agree with that. But, based on his record, not coz what pundits say. He failed to bring about any sustained improvement. Whatsoever. The board need to bite the bullet. Csaba's obviously up for the job and prepared to work his arse off. But Lyng? Didn't just sign him; but let him on the field in a first team game. Not just once, but SEVERAL times!!! And his last appearance in a Utd jersey (I hope) was 'one to remember' for all the wrong reasons.

I know that's just one thing out of many things that have been awful this season. I was prepared to give Csaba a fair bit of slack but, for me, that was a 'straw that broke the camel's back' moment.

I'm desperate for us to be good again. Not just back in the top league, but with an organised team that, together, is more/better than the sum of their parts.

I responded as such because of GU' s accusation of me as embarassing etc.

I like to think I've been respestul as much as possible in this debate.

I don't think I've been rude or accused a fellow Arab of being embarassing.
    No you havent to be fair - cant even why i thought you had taken a cheap shot lol!

I prefer to judge a manager once they've had a chance to build their own squad.

Therefore, it is indeed a reason.

Och we go round in circles here. Yours and TTTs is an opinion that has been fairly put and if your accounts havent been hacked by dees is your true belief.

I still think your blinkered at all the evidence I get the theory though - maybe in the premiership.

Me - Ive decided ive got phuck all influence in who is in charge so just want to see the squad build and hopefully start winning games.

We can all buy you a pint if top by christmas - and terry a lemonade.

SRYB

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)