+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Csaba is an absolute disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yes. Before Fyvie and Fraser got injured last season we had some great results and performances. Getting Fyvie back will be crutial this season, he's easily our best player.
    Although i agree with you about Fyvie, i dont think he will be the player we need him to be right from the start. There is no chance he will be as fast and mobile as we need him to be, something that Dunfermline showed us up for yesterday.

We've had 1 league match since the close season. If your think that's enough for a new team then fine, I don't think it's even close.
    I think he has had ample time to build a squad capable of at least playing coherent football.
    It isn't just the defeat yesterday but the manner of it, just like last season. I don't think we're even close to an acceptable standard.
    Why is it Dunfermline have started the season so well with a similar squad rotation to ours?

Yes. Before Fyvie and Fraser got injured last season we had some great results and performances. Getting Fyvie back will be crutial this season, he's easily our best player.
    Ah the old "wait til Fyvie's back". Just not with the players at his disposal at the moment then? Terry this is nuts, you're saying we had a few decent performances then but SINCE THEN we have been horrible and getting worse. If you're expecting Fyvie to turn our season it's not gonna happen and we could be miles off the pace by then.

So again, on the evidence of what you've seen with your own eyes since those halcyon Fyvie days what improvements have you seen to the areas I mentioned in the earlier post?

If you look at record after csaba took over it is poor. There were a few wins. Falkirk at home when falkirk were awful was best performance. We had good and better performances under Ray. We beat Morton well in play offs and beat Falkirk when they were good. Even under Mixu we beat killie well at home and beat ross co away in cup etc.

A good manager gets his players to do what he tells them week in week out. He provides leadership so they don’t get tanked and put in unacceptable performances.

Under csaba we have had so many unacceptable performances it is getting normal.

A few times the team came together and played. It’s more by accident than design. Any team is going to come together and perform well sometimes but consistency and not letting down the shirt is something bred into teams by good managers.

Most of time last season players downed tools because the manager was seen by the players as a clown - what does that tell you?!??

Some have said blame the players. So we keep csaba and buy a new set of players. 5 matches in against mostly easy opponents and only win is against the league 2 side.

The guy speaks and does terrible things. He blames the players every time they lose. No decent manager ever does that.

It’s dire

I'll do a jig of delight when he is gone, will be the highlight of the year when it comes to United

Never felt this bad under previous useless manager's, he makes McCall, Chiz, Brew and even Mixu seem not bad (those were all grim times)

the worrying thing from yesterday was we took off one player in the middle of the park (rabitsch) who was keeping balance in the middle and it all goes wrong imo. yeah he was likely to get sent off anyway but he was giving protection to the defence that stanton didnt in 2nd.
    although we were rubbish in 1st half so were they tbh. we looked fairly solid in 1st half then 2nd half we crumbled under any pressure from dunfermline. we had no midfield for the whole 2nd half it seemed. no idea of what to do when we had the ball other than launch it. defensively we looked all over the place and were caused alot of problems by hippolyte and el bak.

dunfermline werent much better tbh. 2nd half yes they were but i think it came from us allowing them to gain momentum and seize control of the game. i would have brought on alladice or wee declan glass to replace rabitsch and move stanton inside aswell so we matched them up 3v3 in the middle so we might had abit more control.

With all due respect, if your ability to manage a team is dependant on an injury prone, Championship journeyman player who you inherited and have failed to replace/complement with players of a similar standard, you probably don't deserve to be in a job.

Terry, I admire your eternal optimism, but I do feel you are clutching at any old straw now in an attempt to justify CL being in a job he is clearly not cut out for.

Surely even you can acknowledge Fraser Fyvie isn't the type of player that will come back and turn our season around? Yes he'll add some experience in the midfield, but he's still got to pass it to his teammates and , frankly, he's surrounded by drivel?

Fyvie is not going to suddenly come back and start beating teams single handed, and, to be honest, even if he did I'd expect him to break down again not long after coming back. Sad but true.

That was an answer to a very specific question but you have it right, no doubt. I am straw clutching at the moment.

Terry is useful. When a thousand voices are saying sack the clown we need Terry to bat the ball back.

However our club is in peril and I just hope after blaming the artifice pitch at QOS and us not gelling against Patick MM will bite the bullet and demote him and let Laurie Ellis run the team. Obviously we he can't afford to sack him.

David Moyes ( Sunderland ) , Gordon Strachan ( Middlesbrough ) and Staurt McCall ( Motherwell ) all resigned as managers without seeking compensation when they realised they could not turn things around for their clubs.

Wonder if Csaba has set himself a time limit to make things work ?

As a rough guide, last season St Mirren lost 8 games and drew 5. When Hibs won the league they only lost 3 games, but drew 14 matches.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)