+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where now?

Steve Campbell ain’t ever coming back though.

Quote Originally Posted by arabian_ian View Post
    That I'm afraid is the problem.
    Renewing you season ticket only condons the actions of the board.
    Do not renew but turn up on a weekly basis. And if things do not improve register your protest by not turning up. Otherwise this is what we will have to endure for years to come.
    Can’t agree with this. Support your team through good and bad. Do not think it’s right to say that buying a season ticket supports the actions of the board or those who run it.

Quote Originally Posted by antoinepreget View Post
    Can’t agree with this. Support your team through good and bad. Do not think it’s right to say that buying a season ticket supports the actions of the board or those who run it.
    got to agree with this or do we let our club die

What hes saying unfortunately very likely true. people with shares in the club don't want to see their share value drop, when they drop they need to do something to correct that. If they don't drop their invested money is okay. Not buying season tickets will impact the value and force them in to doing something which will increase them again or they accept a loss on their investment, if you keep buying season tickets every year and their current invested money is safe, what incentives do they have to do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by lsarab View Post
    new owners.

Sack the manager.

Appoint a good manager.

Start doing the right things for the club.

Don’t accept failure.

Make us great again

������

#mduga

The sentiment of supporting your club is an honourable one, I don't anything would stop us from ever supporting or being fans dependant on your definition of both. I class myself as a fan at the moment and won't buy a season ticket unless I can guarantee being at Tanny at least 70% of the time, therefore my option is to pay at the gate at this moment. That said it has been very demoralising this season when you see teams around you that are no better and in some cases a lot worse and we put in performances week after week; win lose or draw, have been pathetic in the extreme. It may be cyclic, but much of the blame, lies squarely at the board, team manager and too some extent the players who deliver the product. Whatever that is! You cannot polish a turd, which unfortunately at this moment in time and for the last couple of years, our club is and a damn big one!

For me, player recruitment has been the big issue in recent years. When you look back at our successful years around 2010, many of our best players were signed from the lower leagues. They were some of the best players in those leagues at the time, and were young, hungry and driven to do well.

Instead in recent years we've been signing ****e never-beens from the premier league. Players that aren't good enough to get game for the bottom club in that league clearly aren't of the standard to get us promoted. The fact we're being linked with Gardyne shows little has been learnt - another bottom of the league cast-off won't get us up next season.

For some of us its easier to make the decision to not go. My family must have spent a grand following United this season, and i dont go to every game because of work so shudder to think what some spend!

Some of my family already gave up during the Mixu disaster, and for next season, i might just spend my money elsewhere!

Recruitment and 5 games is the chance we will give them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)