+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum usernames?

Forum usernames?

Some are blindingly obvious like mine but how did some of you come up with your names?

My favourite is Minn Junta .......fantastically thought up bit of wit.

Bobhollux was Des’s previous name which was class.

Acido and HLC .....what were you thinking of??

Yes exactly, I mean what the chuff is Mick all about eh, who calls themselves Mick or Mickey or Mike or Mikey anymore eh ?. lol
    Give me solid plain and obvious names like Acido any day of the week.

Anyway Mick, heres a pressie from me, its a dodgy former Baggies away shirt lol.

Name:  eng_wba_3_0405.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  15.1 KB
    Last edited by Acido; 12-05-2018 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Some are blindingly obvious like mine but how did some of you come up with your names?

My favourite is Minn Junta .......fantastically thought up bit of wit.

Bobhollux was Des’s previous name which was class.

Acido and HLC .....what were you thinking of??
    The Bionic Man was very popular during the mid to late 80’s. I remember some graffiti which referred to Albion as being ‘Albionic’ in keeping with said man’s powerful and bionic like qualities.

That was back in 1977 hence the graffiti/tag was written as Albionic77. As such I combined Albionic with the year of my birth hence Albionic68. As for HLC from memory he lives in the Homleigh area of Gloucester….. and his name is Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    The Bionic Man was very popular during the mid to late 80’s. I remember some graffiti which referred to Albion as being ‘Albionic’ in keeping with said man’s powerful and bionic like qualities.

That was back in 1977 hence the graffiti/tag was written as Albionic77. As such I combined Albionic with the year of my birth hence Albionic68. As for HLC from memory he lives in the Homleigh area of Gloucester….. and his name is Chris.
    Oops, mid to late 70's..... .

I have no idea how I chose my username - I actually live in Gornal

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post

Lived in the Holmleigh area aged 11 to 23. Play skittles for Holmleigh Rangers. My name is Chris. Well remembered Albionic.

I couldn't get on the site with my old username, they did some kind of upgrade on it. But when my ST came for the 2011-12 season, they put in it a message saying you have been a Baggie since 1955, and they put a team picture of West Bromwich Albion 1955 in it.

I used to go on many boards years ago, Celtic, Rangers etc, and some thought i was named Bob Hollux. lol

A bit old for that stuff now, i'm not a fifty something anymore.

I used Joy Division not because of the band, although I did buy all their records but adopted it when we achieved promotion to the Premier League for the first time under Sir Gary. I thought we had reached the Division of Joy but in actual fact we reached a division that had an attitude of greedy footballers and agents and a survive at all costs in that division to the exclusion of winning domestic cups that has virtually killed my love of football. I quit attending matches that year and have only ever been to one Premier game and that was because one of my grandsons was a mascot that day. Maybe I should change my name to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I used Joy Division not because of the band, although I did buy all their records but adopted it when we achieved promotion to the Premier League for the first time under Sir Gary. I thought we had reached the Division of Joy but in actual fact we reached a division that had an attitude of greedy footballers and agents and a survive at all costs in that division to the exclusion of winning domestic cups that has virtually killed my love of football. I quit attending matches that year and have only ever been to one Premier game and that was because one of my grandsons was a mascot that day. Maybe I should change my name to something else.
    How about changing it to Morrisey.

Because heaven knows you’re miserable now!

Regarding the football I feel the same mate :-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)