+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum usernames?

[QUOTE=mickd1961;38886198]Some are blindingly obvious like mine but how did some of you come up with your names?

My favourite is Minn Junta .......fantastically thought up bit of wit.

Bobhollux was Des’s previous name which was class.

😁 Cheers Mick, I see coming on here as just a bit of fun, such a shame that it gets so personal at times. Most people's arse would cut a tooth if ever they had to meet face to face after what they've said to others.

As for where did my username come from, years ago I worked at a firm where we had a large machine installed by a gang of northern lads. We had to work side by side with them, to be fair we all got on well for the most part but the one problem was we couldn't understand each other very well due to our strong Black Country accents and their strong northern accents.

In typical shop floor humour type fashion we came up with a glossary of terms accompanied by an image on a poster so they knew how to tune into our 'mother tongue' as it were.

Example, one was a picture of a door handle with a key hole, alongside this was the wording 'doo-a-rondle' and 'kayole'. Another one was of a man lay prostrate on the floor with the wording 'Jed mon on the flowa' others were 'sponna' 'omma' you get the gist, the list grew and grew, we all had great fun, it brought everyone together.

Iv probably said on here before, we got the bird on reception to put a tannoy call out once for a Don Kiddick, think like that for long enough and you come up with all sorts!

Considering our similar pasts, if you're looking for a name change you could always consider Mick de Linj ? 😉😁

First ever game WBA Vs Bradford City League Cup 1967. Front row in the corner in what is now the East Sand. I needed to stand up to see over the barrier. I was mesmerised watching what became known as the Skin Head popular culture. They all moved in unison to the songs of the day like “hey girl don’t bother me” “ Arsenal don’t both me etc etc ““by The Tamms and
    “ with a wiggle and a waggle etc etc, WE ARE THE WEST BROM BOOT BOYS”
    But it was when the LIQUIDATOR was played that the hairs on the back of my neck stood out and they still do now. Sometimes over the years those few minutes have been worth the admission price alone and often this season the only enjoyment I have experienced.
    I ‘ve requested it at my funeral – which is getting nearer every day – as it is for all of us.

My first ever match there were 9 goals, 2 hattricks and 3 penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Are you expecting us to believe you are NOT on drugs and you watch Barnsley?
    You don't have to be on drugs to watch our team... but it helps!.
    Sometimes I wish I was on them though, especially after whats happened in this season from hell.

Like Mick said. " some are blindingly obvious."

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    First ever game WBA Vs Bradford City League Cup 1967. Front row in the corner in what is now the East Sand. I needed to stand up to see over the barrier. I was mesmerised watching what became known as the Skin Head popular culture. They all moved in unison to the songs of the day like “hey girl don’t bother me” “ Arsenal don’t both me etc etc ““by The Tamms and
    “ with a wiggle and a waggle etc etc, WE ARE THE WEST BROM BOOT BOYS”
    But it was when the LIQUIDATOR was played that the hairs on the back of my neck stood out and they still do now. Sometimes over the years those few minutes have been worth the admission price alone and often this season the only enjoyment I have experienced.
    I ‘ve requested it at my funeral – which is getting nearer every day – as it is for all of us.
    FFS it's bad enough having Mickd on here.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    FFS it's bad enough having Mickd on here.

We’re over half way through another day you can cross off Des.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggiefromStafford View Post
    Like Mick said. " some are blindingly obvious."
    Indeed, some are Dave 😊.

Favourite poster names:

Olsson White Van
    The Glorey of Shorey
    The More the Bednar

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Some are blindingly obvious like mine but how did some of you come up with your names?

My favourite is Minn Junta .......fantastically thought up bit of wit.

Bobhollux was Des’s previous name which was class.

Acido and HLC .....what were you thinking of??
    My surname is Wood
    So I had the nickname Splinter at school.

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    My surname is Wood
    So I had the nickname Splinter at school.
    Here's me thinking you were named after that 70's badfinger copy band. "Costafine town, its a fine town, I'm coming home"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)