+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Gaza (New)

Mandela:
    He opposed living in a similar apartheid state ....Apartheid state?

Arabs were building a house before mine ,so I asked if they would like coffee? We sat down and out of curiosity I asked them ''If Bibi offered you a very good house somewhere like in Jordan or another arab country would you take the offer? Of course non would take it, they live well in Israel, earn well ,feel free,free to worship ,to demonstrate if any grievance ,to go to an arab state ? Apartheid state?

Nice to hear that you get on with your Arab neighbour Balam!

Now spread the word - and tell your Arab friend to do the same.

The United Nation, amongst others, ruled that Israel is an apartheid state. Correct me if I am wrong, but there are around 60 laws that treat Jewish people differently than Arabs? I believe that there are 43 "missions" that are Jewish only and they can decide to refuse people from living there if they would upset the social structure of the area?

Israel is also the only country in the world that subjects children (Palestinian children) to a military court.
    There are usually around 200 children locked up, usually without trial, and often tortured (placed in "the Stress" position etc. Unicef made the report. The British Government decided to do their own report (the Scotland Report) which agreed with the Unicef one.
    Israel have ignored this criticism and is still locking up Palestinian kids.

The Palestinian refugees have an international right to return. Although not many would take up the offer, they wish to be granted the opportunity. Hence the March of Return demonstrations. Legally they wish the opportunity to return to their land.

In the recent demonsration thousands suffered shot gun wounds - usually in the lower limbs causing them to be maimed for life.
    One Israeli was "slightly injured"

The whole area is crying out for a wise counsel but I see no one on the horizon...

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Nice to hear that you get on with your Arab neighbour Balam!

Now spread the word - and tell your Arab friend to do the same.

The United Nation, amongst others, ruled that Israel is an apartheid state. Correct me if I am wrong, but there are around 60 laws that treat Jewish people differently than Arabs? I believe that there are 43 "missions" that are Jewish only and they can decide to refuse people from living there if they would upset the social structure of the area?

Israel is also the only country in the world that subjects children (Palestinian children) to a military court.
    There are usually around 200 children locked up, usually without trial, and often tortured (placed in "the Stress" position etc. Unicef made the report. The British Government decided to do their own report (the Scotland Report) which agreed with the Unicef one.
    Israel have ignored this criticism and is still locking up Palestinian kids.

The Palestinian refugees have an international right to return. Although not many would take up the offer, they wish to be granted the opportunity. Hence the March of Return demonstrations. Legally they wish the opportunity to return to their land.

In the recent demonsration thousands suffered shot gun wounds - usually in the lower limbs causing them to be maimed for life.
    One Israeli was "slightly injured"

The whole area is crying out for a wise counsel but I see no one on the horizon...
    Well, if the United Nations ruled that Israel was an apartheid state they must be right.

The same United Nations that turn a blind eye to all the atrocities of the Arab world and only keep on passing "motions: against Israel.

A wonderful collection of humanitarians, those in the United Nations.

A very good place to start your quotes.

59/60:

I really have no idea concerning what rules there are in regards to arabs that live here. In my village ,a kibbutz , the head electrician is an arab,his co worker too, arabs work in our cow sheds (we have from 700 to a 1000 cows) they work also in our ********,old peoples home,our fishpools,the manager in our Garage is arab.( I have known him about 20 years ) In our cardboard factory arabs work there too.
    Its clear if they are able to do the job ,why not ??

I think in the U N ,there are over 50 states or countrys with links to the moslem world. In Dec 2017 they adopted a resolution to disavow Israeli ties to Jerusalem as part of six anti-Israel resolutions it approved on Thursday in New York. The vote was 151 in favor and six against, with nine abstentions. I would think only 'Billy's weekly liar' could write like this !

A book was written,the Bible ,Old Testiment and just one look for example, more than 2000 years ago 1 Chronicles 29.
    '' Lord our God, all this abundance that we have provided for building you a temple for your Holy Name comes from your hand, and all of it belongs to you. etc etc . So Israel has no ties to this land and to Jerusalem?

Palestinian Kids : From about the age of 5 they are brainwashed. Last year a 13 yr old arab boy stabbed another 13 yr old jewish boy.Ask yourself where does this hatred come from? Frequently they will say to tv cameras ''The dirty jews stole our land ,we will take it back,we will kill them!'' UNRWA donates to these schools,they are told its better to give your blood and die for palestine. There should be many U tube video's on this.

'' Legally they wish the opportunity to return to their land.'' That is the greatest struggle with a history of over 2000 years.
    Who's land is it ? About 1000 years before Christ, Soul, David and Solomon created the Kingdom of Judea and later Israel.The conquest of Islam came around 600 years after Christ. So you tell me??

......a wise counsel? That would mean sitting together and to work it all out!! But the Palestinians do not want that, they want it all from the Sea to the Jordan River. Just Palestine ,No Israel

Good Morning Balam - it's another beautiful Spring morning here and I'll be in the garden most of the day putting the finishing touches to two sheds I am building - I'll attempt to send you photographs when they are finished!

Who owns the land? Well, according to international law ruled by the UN, the pre 1967 boundaries should be restored. Perhaps that is a good place to start negotiations?
    If Israel continues to flout international law then very soon Israel will simply take all the land - this appears to be the strategy - and as long as the USA and Saudi are on board then it will happen.
    If you simply quote the Biblical situation 3000 years ago it will not do you any favours. For instance, the Celts were ruling Britain, the Aborigines Australia, the Maoris New Zealand, the Red Indians America etc etc.

And can you rely on support from america and the UK in the future? In the UK 15 years ago the overwhelming number of people supported the Israeli stance. The most recent poll shows that they now support the Palestinian position by two to one. I fact, the 24 year old and under support the Palestinians by five to one.

In America it was essential that any Republican or Democrat HAD to support Israel in order to get elected. During the Obama period support for Israel plummeted amongst the Democratic voters but it is still rock solid with Republicans (especially in the Bible belt).
    Trump and the Republicans won't be in power for ever...

You seem to be justifying the locking up and torture of Palestinian kids by saying they have been brainwashed. Not a great argument in my opinion.

A wise counsel is needed to mediate, but it won't happen until BOTH sides actually want a peace deal and both sides recognise that the other side has a right to exist.
    Hamas was born out of frustration of years of politicians failing to sort the mess out.

But I reckon that if a basic plan for the future was put in place then the voters of Palestine would support it - and oust Hamas.

I am certain that the both sets of people are desperate for an end to the current situation - Israelis, Palestinians, they are just ordinary human beings who have been badly let down by the politicians. They want and need peace and security and respect.

So yes, it needs a wise counsel to facilitate it. I simply can't see anyone being up to the job at the moment, but Tony Blair was a completely stupid choice.

Good day 59;60: Don't ask me to help you I squint ,have 2 left hands and nearly blind .I am sure if you put it up,build it with me it will fall down!
    Oh, how lucky there ,we have 33 C and much higher temperatures,I think 42 C in Eilat.

So, the UN ,thats like asking 8 Rover's supporters and 3 Burnly supporters to solve some problem.

.... the pre 1967 boundaries should be restored. -
    Never they were made when there was fighting the powers that be cried STOP! .....and that became the border. In the middle of Israel there is a point just 9 miles from Judah and Shomron (west bank) to the coast. With the Palestinians wanting ALL of Israel ,Israel would never agree to it. Any powerfull army could in theory push through and divide Israel. That would not be as in UN Resolution 242, ''for and acknowledgment of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force."

........In the UK 15 years ago the overwhelming number of people supported the Israeli stance.
    Here israel is lagging behind in the propoganda war. In the war with Gaza,only the journalist could be in Gaza that wrote what they wanted you to know. In this happening on the border ,journalist were not allowed near the border and were 2 km from it.
    But the BBC too changes headlines,as with an original photo captioned '' “Israeli soldiers walk amidst smoke from a fire in a wheat field near the Kibbutz of Nahal Oz, along the border with the Gaza Strip, which was caused by incendiaries tied to kites flown by Palestinian protesters from across the border, May 14, 2018.” which was changed too ,''“Israeli soldiers patrolled along the Gaza border”''
    .....another photo , it was ''“Palestinians protesters pull barbed wire fence installed by Israeli army along the border during clashes after protests near the border with Israel in the east of Gaza Strip, May 14, 2018.”
    ....and changed to read, ''“Israel says some 40,000 Palestinians took part”''

(cont

In other words, the BBC elected to remove that brief reference to the story of millions of shekels-worth of deliberate damage caused by rioters along the Gaza Strip border in recent weeks.

...If in order to win the international propaganda war I need to lie like the Hamas, then I prefer to tell the truth and lose. The IDF will win where it matters—protecting our civilians in the face of terror. The soldiers of the IDF won this week by keeping Israeli families safe and by stopping Hamas from accomplishing its stated goals......Spokesperson of the Israel Defense Forces, Brigadier General Ronen Manelis in the Wall Street Journal

Hamas provided free transportation from throughout the Gaza Strip to the border for innocent civilians, including women and children. Hamas hired them as extras, paying $14 a person or $100 a family for attendance—and $500 if they managed to get injured. Hamas forced all of their commanders and operatives to go to the border dressed as civilians
    The torture of Palestinian kids.I have no news of that I am simply not there ,but torture I do not believe ,kids or youths ?

Hamas was born out of frustration of years of politicians failing to sort the mess out

Hamas was born out of corruption of the 'Fatah' party, perhaps money some how drifted elsewhere?

.....voters of Palestine would support it - and oust Hamas.
    Hamas rules with an Iron fist,just speak out against hamas and tomorrow you are not around!!

Israel needs peace ,Israelis need peace.With peace comes investments wealth!! Then tourism etc

None of this rhetoric is helping the Palestinians though Balan...

Attachment 9579

BT : Which photo, but that kid in white does look like George Best??

Islamic Relief, a UK-based NGO

UN site falsely claims Israel shot and killed 8 month old girl

The story of the eight month old girl who was supposedly killed by Israeli teargas was quickly questioned when reporters, looking for more details on the story, found that there was more to it than Hamas propaganda indicated:

On Tuesday, a Gaza doctor told the Associated Press health official that the Hamas claim that an 8-month-old baby died from Israeli tear gas was inaccurate. He attested that the baby, Layla Ghandour, had a preexisting medical condition which caused her death. The baby was literally at the border fence at the time, taken by her 12-year old nephew towards his grandmother who was there.

Reliefweb is a UN-run website that says, "We provide reliable and timely information, enabling humanitarian workers to make informed decisions and to plan effective response. We collect and deliver key information, including the latest reports, maps and infographics from trusted sources."

One of their "trusted sources" is Islamic Relief, a UK-based NGO, which issued this statement reproduced on the UN site:

Over 50 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli gunfire over the past few days, including an eight-month-old baby, and more than 2,700 people have been injured. The victims have been involved in largely peaceful protests near the Israeli border which have come underfire

No one on the planet claims that the girl was shot - except a UK-based NGO with links to Hamas.

This is what the UN considers to be "reliable and timely information."

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)