+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Standard Of League One

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Thats the thing tho Animal they want to go down the HC road rather than a fully hands on manager, and as its evident that they don't know enough about football, i think that's a mistake. I think a manager who comes in, calls shots with regard to signings etc is exactly what we need. Strong character experienced basically Macca int it?
    Agreed mate .

Remarkably Coventry City from league two look to be a stronger side with more talent than the league 1 play off hopefuls .

Play some really impressive stuff .

Macca would be another emotional appointment like Hecky. Sack me if you want? Brash n' bombastic! No, no fcukin no.

New broom. I don't proclaim the new messiah but we're going up next season and things 'll never be same again.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Remarkably Coventry City from league two look to be a stronger side with more talent than the league 1 play off hopefuls .

Play some really impressive stuff .
    Funny game is football, look at one particular successful team this season, Cardiff city are a prime example of an efficient team rather than a talented one. They're big, organised, physical and play to their strengths yet you would never say that they were pleasing on the eye. It shows you what can be achieved. On the other hand you have say a team like Rochdale who play some good football yet struggle to get results. Funny old game

We shunt a' gone darn this season Pass. It fcukin' hurts like fcuk. We should have beat Cardiff ffs.

Just when i think im reight. I get another kick in knackers.8

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Just watched them two bags of w ank this afternoon mate.

We aren't in dire straights. That Rotherham centre half had two left feet n' never kicked a ball in his life.

Granted we were muck darn but we aren't that sh1te.

I'm wi Animal n' his new found optimism
    I'm thinking that if a league one club had thrown £6m to £8m like we did last season on the top players in the lower leagues you'd fancy your chances of getting promoted steve .

If they get the right coach in and this is key then I think this group have it in them to bounce back .

We'll worry about the championship should that happen when we get the job done .

We want to be careful of not sounding like big time Charlies here.
    But I do agree that we shouldn't be worrying about the quality of the footy in Lg One. The main worry is will we have the right mental attitude if we need to scrap for results against some really poor teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    But I do agree that we shouldn't be worrying about the quality of the footy in Lg One. The main worry is will we have the right mental attitude if we need to scrap for results against some really poor teams.
    I suppose it's about expectations isn't it and while I feel it's extremely difficult for us to be successful in the championship we should always set the bar in league one at the highest notch or we may as well give up .

The club is stuck somewhere between the championship and league one so it's only right we expect to be successful at this level .

When clubs such as Newcastle drop in to the championship they don't accept anything other than an immediate return to the PL even though they know it's unlikely they will pull any trees up and I think we are within our rights to demand a similar attitude when we are in league one .

Wigan appear to be the same Animal, constantly up and down between these two leagues. And with Rotherham being as bad as they were in the Champship last season, the fact that they comfortably finished 4th in Lg One this season should give us cause for optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It scares me, that you could be playing Notts next season. They are absolute ****e and the gulf between clubs is massive. However, one thing this league does, is drag you down to their level. It isn't pretty.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast