+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Standard Of League One

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    It scares me, that you could be playing Notts next season. They are absolute ****e and the gulf between clubs is massive. However, one thing this league does, is drag you down to their level. It isn't pretty.
    They did score a very good goal to take the lead at Coventry last night and a classy finish from Forte I thought but they are very direct and not too good on the eye I agree .

The penalty Coventry got awarded was scandalous but possibly a draw was the right result overall .

Wouldn't surprise me to see Coventry progress at Notts , look a very decent young side and played some really good football for league two level .

In fact I'll stick my neck out and say Coventry could surprise one or two teams next season if they can get promoted .

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    It scares me, that you could be playing Notts next season. They are absolute ****e and the gulf between clubs is massive. However, one thing this league does, is drag you down to their level. It isn't pretty.
    To be honest though Trick, Notts County have been going downhill for a while now haven't they. I remember when they hired the original Mr Nandos a few years ago (wasn't it Ricardo Moniz), and he took them down to Lg Two, and got sacked not long into the following season.

I'll wait until all the outs and all the recruitment before I fancy promotion anything can happen with this set of Muppets that's running the club

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I suppose it's about expectations isn't it and while I feel it's extremely difficult for us to be successful in the championship we should always set the bar in league one at the highest notch or we may as well give up .

The club is stuck somewhere between the championship and league one so it's only right we expect to be successful at this level .

When clubs such as Newcastle drop in to the championship they don't accept anything other than an immediate return to the PL even though they know it's unlikely they will pull any trees up and I think we are within our rights to demand a similar attitude when we are in league one .

Actually you’re not stuck «* somewhere between Championship and league one «* you’re in League one. You’re comparing yourself to Newcastle !

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Actually you’re not stuck «* somewhere between Championship and league one «* you’re in League one. You’re comparing yourself to Newcastle !

No he's comparing the attitude of Newcastle with BFC that's all

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    No he's comparing the attitude of Newcastle with BFC that's all
    Clearly the word " attitude " would require him to look it up and actually learn what it meant exile .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Clearly the word " attitude " would require him to look it up and actually learn what it meant exile .

You were drawing an analogy between Newcastle in the Championship and Barnsley in division one. You may have done it sub-consciously, but that’s what you were doing. Barnsley will be about the 5th biggest club in the division, not the biggest as Newcastle were in the Championship.

Good luck though.

I might even go to your Yorkshire derby matches against Donny and Bratfud, Rovrum also if they don’t go up. Hope you don’t charge them £36 like you did us.

A Tarn fan wearing a blades outfit ? Enjoy thi summer Wardy , when Wilder goes ?? You may find yourself in the same boat as us ? It happens and don't forget that !! I can see you really struggling next season along with Millwall , probably both teams have over achieved ? Time will tell , enjoy the Summer soon bi new season , never know we may win a few games , go to Wembley twice more and WIN something you don't seem capable of , Ciao Roma

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    You were drawing an analogy between Newcastle in the Championship and Barnsley in division one. You may have done it sub-consciously, but that’s what you were doing. Barnsley will be about the 5th biggest club in the division, not the biggest as Newcastle were in the Championship.

Good luck though.

I might even go to your Yorkshire derby matches against Donny and Bratfud, Rovrum also if they don’t go up. Hope you don’t charge them £36 like you did us.
    Fecking hell he's psycho analysing me , good luck with that pal I've got a split personality .

Up The Owls

Wardy is a wa nker he wears a wa nkers hat when wears it back to front he is a fcu kin tw at. Whose he supportin' these days Sheff Utd? Figures. I thought it ad' be Huddersfield. More clubs than Eldrich Woods

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast