+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time to move forward

Time to move forward

Afternoon folks
    With our fate in the Championship finally sealed for another season and after MM giving his wee statement which I thought was short and to the point here is what I believe will help the club move in the right direction for next season;

New manager required. Csaba Laszlo IMO is not the man to rebuild the playing side of the club. We need a coherent, level headed, no nonsense manager who has a track record of getting the best out of players. Csaba is a rambling mess, his team selections and tactics are a joke and he has not been able to motivate the players. Stuart McCall, Tommy Wright or Robbie Neilson would be far better options to lead us next season.

Mass clearout. Hate the now continual large turnover of playing squad but it is very much required. Most of these players have downed tools from the turn of the year and been a disgrace. The club must learn from this. I would like any player signed from now to have a modest Championship wage but with a huge win and promotion bonus. Also no one year deals and prima donnas released from Premier teams. I want hungry players who will bust a gut for Dundee United and if they don't, they don't get a comfy wage.

Attitude. Throughout the club IMO there is this sense of entitlement just because it is Dundee United. I can't stand this. We are at the moment an established Championship club and getting back to the Premier needs to be earned. This whole philosophy of getting us back to where we belong makes me want to puke sometimes. We are not beneath where we are, we are there by right. Instead of trying to fluke and spin our way back to the Premier why not develop a determined, winning mentality throughout the club.

Takeover. This could be huge for the club, make or break for the future. I sincerely hope whoever comes in will have the clubs full interests at heart and will roll the changes. I still have the dreaded notion that it is a smokescreen to sell season tickets but that comes with years of negativity and letdowns. It has been a truly woeful, depressing season and I hope last night was our rock bottom.

Laszlo defo has to go. I'm not sure about Neilson but I'd like to see Stuart Mccall and love to see Tommy Wright at Tannadice. Both are well respected and have discipline while knowing how to use a low budget and bringing In some good unknown players.

We have 13 out of contract and 5 loans away back so 18 out In total on June 1st. The new manager must be In by that date to get some bosman's In.

I agree that while we have no devine right to anything, we should still be winning this league. We are Scotland's 6th biggest club and have a fantastic core support of 5000. Motherwell, Killie, Saints, Hamilton, Partick and County can't get near that.

I'm hoping If the takeover happens then the new manager can get a few extra quid and build a squad that will win us this league and a squad capable of staying up In the SPL as well.

Another thing that has hampered us this season is the lack of striking options from the bench. Start with 2 up top every game and have at least 2 good options on the bench. I dinna mean classing boys like McMullen and Smith as striker options either.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheAlien View Post
    Laszlo defo has to go. I'm not sure about Neilson but I'd like to see Stuart Mccall and love to see Tommy Wright at Tannadice. Both are well respected and have discipline while knowing how to use a low budget and bringing In some good unknown players.

We have 13 out of contract and 5 loans away back so 18 out In total on June 1st. The new manager must be In by that date to get some bosman's In.

I agree that while we have no devine right to anything, we should still be winning this league. We are Scotland's 6th biggest club and have a fantastic core support of 5000. Motherwell, Killie, Saints, Hamilton, Partick and County can't get near that.

I'm hoping If the takeover happens then the new manager can get a few extra quid and build a squad that will win us this league and a squad capable of staying up In the SPL as well.
    Hoping as well that the backing of Laszlo is purely on the basis that no major decisions are to be done until this takeover is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Hoping as well that the backing of Laszlo is purely on the basis that no major decisions are to be done until this takeover is completed.
    I think Mike Martin is pretty astute, I hope so to the point that there is a trap door clause in Csaba’s contract which Martin can activate

Problem is that ST hired csaba. I wouldn’t call ST astute but I’d think having a non promotion release clause would be something very basic someone would have advised

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)