+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: S****horpe United Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    The defence is hopeless, all our good work gets undone in a minute..but we've got what we've got and it ain't gonna change..it's got to be a full 90 minute backing now..no silence, no moaning..wished I could be there..
    In the last 7 games we've let 5 goals in, to say our defence is hopeless is not only incorrect and unfair on the players, it's probably the daftest post of the year....though i would agree we need to be behind the team 100% from kick off...

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Is your job so important that a mistake could cost millions?

If so, you must be on a reyt wedge.
    A million is not what it used to be. I work with lots of people who aren't on a reyt wedge who are responsible for huge projects, one just announced it looks like being $500M over budget. Luckily not one of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    In the last 7 games we've let 5 goals in, to say our defence is hopeless is not only incorrect and unfair on the players, it's probably the daftest post of the year....though i would agree we need to be behind the team 100% from kick off...
    I agree, although there does seem to be a common theme that most goals we concede can be traced to one or a combination of basic errors. As you say in an earlier post they are playing at the 3rd level and that's why. Not many are down to out and out skill from the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I agree, although there does seem to be a common theme that most goals we concede can be traced to one or a combination of basic errors. As you say in an earlier post they are playing at the 3rd level and that's why. Not many are down to out and out skill from the opposition.
    That's about right. Ike and Adjyi, and Wood also, are all prone to dreadful errors but on balance have put us where we are, in view of a play off final. Same as other teams around us, but just that little bit better! Well done them, and us!

Roll on Wednesday. I think we showed we had the edge over Scunny on balance at their ground, gutted not to have won, but if we keep it tight, play to our strengths, Scunny will have to play out of their skins to beat us.

Come on Millers!!

conceding 5 goals in 7 games isn't good either!

it is actually a high rate for a team chasing promotion.

it's not even a 50 per cent record.

i

we have conceded 53 goals in 48 games the highest in the top 6.

over a goal a game so I think it is justified to blame the players

Having Watched back Ike's goal I still think it was going wide. A few of the lads, who are neutrals, we're laughing at how appalling that goal was for a promotion chasing team.

Do I think Ike should be dropped? No. I am simply acknowledging that he had an awful game yesterday considering how important it was to the club. He's a professional, he knows he dropped a few clangers and he now has a point to prove on Wednesday.

Sidenote: I joined this forum because I enjoy talking all things Rotherham. I've seen a lot of ridiculous comments today. Why do people always take things so bloody personally? It's just a debate about football Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by Donmiller; 13-05-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post

Sidenote: I joined this forum because I enjoy talking all things Rotherham.
    I've seen a lot of ridiculous comments today..
    Hehe. Love this

Is it Wednesday yet?

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    we have conceded 53 goals in 48 games the highest in the top 6.

over a goal a game so I think it is justified to blame the players
    Mentioned that on Sky yesterday, not many Rotherham games being draws, and then it being a draw, but a higher scoring one than any of the other first leg play-off games.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789