+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S****horpe United Post Match Thoughts

S****horpe United Post Match Thoughts

Actually got to watch the match on ESPN+. Thought it was a scrappy affair. Three great finishes from our players. Smith might not score many but I bet defenders hate playing against him. Disappointing attendance from the home team.

Thoughts?

Funniest thing was sitting with someone slagging off Williams all through the game and then Sky made him Man of the Match!

To be honest I think his real ability is somewhere in between those extremes.

The goals we conceded certainly were scrappy, hope Ikiekwe gets his confidence back for Wednesday.

Also don't really get why Ajayi is being played in midfield.
    Last edited by great_fire; 12-05-2018 at 01:53 PM.

A typical play off first leg, now it comes down to whose got the bottle at our place. I thought Palmer should've been hooked instead of Towell to be honest, but that substitution wouldn't have prevented the poor defending for their second would it.
    All in all i'd take a draw, let's get the NYS rocking and cheers the lads home on wednesday...

From the commentary, it sounded like S****horpe's main tactic was trying to catch out our slow central defenders on the break... and it worked. Warney needs to try to counteract that for the second leg - not sure how he'll do that. Disappointing to have conceded in the last few minutes, especially as Williams had a decent chance to put us 3-1 up. Tactic of playing Ajayi as a midfield sub backfired. Will Warney start with Ihiekwe in second leg?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 12-05-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Oh for a Paul Stancliffe & we just might have won this one but 2-2 I would have taken that at 12-30.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    From the commentary, it sounded like S****horpe's main tactic was trying to catch out our slow central defenders on the break... and it worked. Warney needs to try to counteract that for the second leg - not sure how he'll do that. Disappointing to have conceded in the last few minutes, especially as Williams had a decent chance to put us 3-1 up. Will Warney start with Ihiekwe in second leg?
    Ihiekwe isn't slow though, it wasn't his speed that was the problem.

Good entertaining game.

Two defenders having major off days, it happens, would of been nice to take a goal lead into the next one but never mind. Not the end of the world. I wouldn't have dropped Purrington and would definitely bring him back in as it's most solid our defence has looked all season.

UTM!

I thought both goals Rovrum conceded were poor,the Millers 2nd was a very good finish, especailly as it was Newall's first touch.I think you'll win the tie but ya need to be better at the back,that said i thought both defences looked a bit dodgy but i genuinely hope you win the play offs.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Ihiekwe isn't slow though, it wasn't his speed that was the problem.
    True, true...

Gutted at late goal but really proud of another battling performance from the lads. I think the formation was about right and worked quite well for a tough away game apart from a couple of occasions when we got sucked forward and caught on the break. We tend to be a bit naive when we get scent of blood and against a team with pace, that's when we're most vulnerable! But well done to the lads for giving as good as we got in leg one and giving us a slight edge on Wednesday. Not sure my nerves can take another 90 mins like that though. Agony!

Utm!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast